This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead **SPOILERS**

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Have any of you read through the comic series of the Walking Dead or are you watching it fresh like me?

Quote Originally Posted by gypsycrow View Post
    Have any of you read through the comic series of the Walking Dead or are you watching it fresh like me?
    I read the first collection book and I want to read the rest but I think I'll wait until after the series is over. I spend way too much time comparing the two while watching and I'd really prefer to be surprised.

I have the read the books Rise of the Governor and Road to Woodbury...both give excellent insight to background of the governor and how he got to be where he is. I do not think I should read Comics until the end of the series. I do not want to spend time saying Uh -uh did not happen that way in Comics.

The comic series and the television show, while very similar, are actually pretty different. A big theme in the comics was ... ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN. And if you go into a television series that is 100% faithful to the comics, then nothing is a surprise. But what they did with the television show, is they sometimes do things completely different. Some characters die, some live, new characters are created, new storylines ... So, the theme is still ... ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN.

I think that the governor is now way upset and things are going to get really interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by arista View Post
    I think that the governor is now way upset and things are going to get really interesting....
    I would be too if

I got stabbed in the eye with a huge piece of glass. *shiver*

IT is going to be just short time before TWD is back on-If the previews are any indications, should be action packed.

It's been too long, hasn't it? I can't wait! So many good storylines to keep us hanging.

Did anyone see the Walking Dead Clean up commercial with Daryl? Quite Funny

I am a huge fan of TWD. I just watched the first season over again. The week before, I watched the entire 3rd season On Demand - in one day. It is not the zombies that fascinate me, although they were the initial draw, but the people and how they cope with the end of the world as they knew it. Glen is one of my favorites. We have been able to watch him grow from a pizza delivery guy to a strong man and a real asset to his group. When Merle taped him to a chair and threw a walker at him, I was so impressed by the way he handled himself - and the walker. Not to sound cliche, but Glen rocks!! I can't wait to see what will happen next. The Governor has to be very bad news for our valiant little band of survivors.

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast