Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Walking Dead **SPOILERS** - Page 8

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead **SPOILERS**

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Yes, star scream, it was episode 7. I agree that it has improved since the first of this season. Now we have to wait till February to see what happens next!

I hope you are right about this Sigmund -

I think Shane's outburst with the Walkers on the leash-shooting them over and over and they keep on try ing to attack- woke ol' Hershal up to reality.

Most excellent!

I think the reason Herschel was so determined the group leave was so they wouldn't find the Walkers in the barn, but after that secret was out, because he knew that Sophia was among them, he put her there, but yet did not say anything...he just let them all keep searching, hoping that they would find her.

I was glad it was Rick who stepped up at the very end, he isn't ready to hand the leadership reins over to Shane quite yet!

Quote Originally Posted by mstay View Post
    The end of last nights episode made me cry! Should have expected it though...

I was stunned!! Poor Herschel.

The little girl was in there all along, so sad!!

Shane has really gone around the bend.

Now we wait until February!!

Oh the latest episode made me cry.

It was very poetic the way they all blasted the walkuhs away, after arguing they were no longer human, yet once they realised Sophia was now one of them nobody wanted to shoot her. It was clear Rick would be the only one who could shoot her, no matter how much Shane may try and undermine him, or shake his confidence, Rick is the true leader. The fact he still has humanity and cares for others isn't a weakness, but something to be valued in a world where the remaining survivors are becoming increasingly ruthless in their belief it's the only way to truly survive. But without humanity, what's the point in living? Shane is losing the plot, big time, that man is going to become a danger to them all!

I'm unsure whether Herschel knew Sophia was in the barn, since he wasn't the only one capturing the walkuhs and placing them there. I don't believe he would have allowed the group to stay on his land for so long if this was the case, he was slightly deluded but he isn't a bad man. He just wanted to keep those he loved safe in case a cure could be found one day. Ooh, and Sophia made such a beautiful zombie...I wouldn't have wanted to shoot her either!

One question, though, was Merle an hallucination, or real?? I think he was real, and yup I know he had both hands, but I never thought he chopped his hand off anyway.

I'm loving how we are seeing the characters personalities develop more this season, rather than simply relying on the next zombie fright scenes for drama.

You know who's been annoying me a lot?

Dale.

I'm not sure who he thinks he is, but

he did not have the right to steal all those weapons and try to hide them. That is not his decision to make. This is supposed to be the zombie apocalypse, and hiding somebody's firearm is tantamount to murdering them. He accuses Shane of murdering Otis, which--while being true--he doesn't know as fact. And then he accuses Shane of aiming down his gun at Rick, and then Dale...aims down his sights at Shane, who is completely unarmed. This isn't the first instance of Dale overstepping his bounds either, such as when he took Andrea's pistol (is that the blonde woman's name?).

I like Dale, I think he's a sweet old guy, but he needs to knock it off.

I dunno sam peebles, I think Dale took the weapons as he senses how unhinged Shane is becoming, and that the man is dangerous!

Shane merely wanted to go in and blow the walkuhs away, without allowing Rick to discuss things with Herschel...and the undisputed fact remains that it is Herschel's land and if he wants to keep walkuhs in his barn, then that is his choice. The group had no right to open fire on the walkuhs, while they were securely contained they posed no risk to the group, and if they didn't want to share the farm with walkuhs then they should have packed up and moved on.

As for holding the gun to Shane...Dale had to do that to show he isn't weak and doesn't fear Shane. The man is a bully and was trying to intimidate Dale. I have no doubt he would have killed Dale without a flicker of remorse if he thought he wouldn't have to explain his reasons to the group. And Dale took Andrea's gun to protect her from herself while she was depressed and very likely to commit suicide. In this situation I would have done the same thing. Rather than "overstepping his bounds" I see Dale's actions as those of a friend who is trying to protect the people he cares about...I'd want him on my team!

Wow, Ally! Those last couple of posts were very insightful! I think you're right.

Wait until someone remembers that Otis had Rick's .357 and ask how Shane got it back to the camp. He already said they were down to pistols at the end, and Otis dropped back to cover Shane's escape. As soon as someone notices, they will all realize that Shane killed Otis. And that will be the end of Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    Wow, Ally! Those last couple of posts were very insightful! I think you're right.

Wait until someone remembers that Otis had Rick's .357 and ask how Shane got it back to the camp. He already said they were down to pistols at the end, and Otis dropped back to cover Shane's escape. As soon as someone notices, they will all realize that Shane killed Otis. And that will be the end of Shane.
    Re your spoiler in respect to Shane--

I know I won't miss him

This series has been strongly rec. to me by a few of my friends who know my reading taste (they watch the show and can't say enough fabulous about it) but I don't want to try and start in the middle and try and figure out what's going on. I'm hoping for a marathon day I can watch & catch up.

I absolutely love this show. The last episode made me cry as well. I'm not sure if

the vet seeing the barn walkers blown to hell woke him up to reality, or if it's going to push him into madness.
    I just recently read the novel The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor, and thought it was really good. I'm not much of a graphic novel girl, so I have no idea how this series is in comparison to the graphic novels. But the hardcover novel Rise of the Governor is the first of three novels. So far the characters in the novel are not even in the tv series, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the tv series and the novels unfold.

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast