This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FUN!

Hybrid View

Default FUN!

This book was a really fun read, ESPECIALLY because it was the first thing I ever read on my Kindle. It was basically like Stephen King welcoming me to the world of owning an e-reader. I wish my Kindle had an UR function, though.

Default Re: FUN!

I'm still waitin' on the consarned thing to actually be released on PAPER...me and the dinosaur will enjoy readin' it...

I enjoyed it too. I kept thinking of a college professor of mine from years ago, and I found it humorous placing him in the main character's sitaution

I still haven't read (or heard) this. I just downloaded the Amazon Kindle (in anticipation of MILE 81), though. So maybe it's time to rectify this situation...

I still have yet to either read or listen to Ur, either..

("All things serve the Beam")

Just finished listening to it. Great story.

I was browsing in my library, when I turned around, and there was the audio book. I thought "Hey, that's the book that isn't in print unless you own a Kindle." Which I don't. So Yoink! I grabbed it, and listened to it in the next couple of days. If you're on the edge about whether or not to go through the hassle of downloading the Kindle app to your computer, or of finding the audio book, the story is a fun one.

Long days and pleasant nights.

I finally got around to reading this. I thought it was a very good story. And I was surprised to learn it's associated with THE DARK TOWER. Easily recommended.

I finished listening to the story last night.
    Fun is not the right word...UR is mesmerizing.
    What a cool idea, and very, very, very well written. Holter Graham also did a fantastic job reading it.
    IMHO, this novella is actually better than all the stories in FDNS and one of Uncle Stevie`s great masterpieces!

Hope to hear this guy do some more SK audiobooks, thought he did great.

I just finished listening to this, and I loved it. I thought it was a great short story, and of course I loved the connections to the Dark Tower.

I can tell you that Holter Graham has done at least one other SK book, because I just finished listening to it right before this one. It kept tripping me up while I listened to UR, because Graham used a VERY similar voice for Robbie and Arnie Cunningham in Christine. I kept expecting Robbie to start freaking out because of that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast