This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Editions of Danse Macabre

Default Re: Editions of Danse Macabre

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I was under the impression that he only did a new intro too. I was thinking maybe the intro got slapped on the very first version but that doesn't make sense because there wouldn't have been a kindle version of the very first version (Too old I think).

It's really weird too because none of the passages I found were revisions. The audio book goes along word for word with the kindle version, then all of the sudden there is an extra paragraph or two on the audio book and then it picks up word for word again with the kindle.
    Do you have any particular passages that I could cross-check as I have earlier versions of Danse Macabre so could see if it was just an omission with the Kindle version?

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Do you have any particular passages that I could cross-check as I have earlier versions of Danse Macabre so could see if it was just an omission with the Kindle version?
    I didn't make a note of anything but I think I can find one or two of them.

Maybe the narrator was just throwing his 2 cents in when he saw the opportunity.

Ms Mod - I figured out what the deal is with the kindle edition. I discovered the problem when I reached the end of the book. The missing passages are footnotes. In the kindle edition instead of the footnotes being at the bottom of the page, they are at the end of the book (after the index! - this is an extremely poor way to do this!). I would have never noticed them but when I hit the index, I noticed that there was still 6 or 7 percent of the book left (no page numbers in kindle just percentages) so I kept turning pages past the index and then came across these seemingly random nonsensical passages and then it dawned on me that they were footnotes.

There is no way when you are reading the kindle to just flip back to the footnotes so this is not the best way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    and then came across these seemingly random nonsensical passages
    I should have said "out of context" not nonsensical. Please Ms Mod, don't tell SK I said his footnotes were nonsensical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12