Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Mile 81 - Page 10

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Mile 81

Default Re: Mile 81

Read this and enjoy it. Love the evilness of the car!

I'm pretty upset that it's only for e-readers. I refuse to buy one of things bc i really enjoy having the actual books. Does anyone know if it will be published in some other format??

Yayy thanks for this info! I was also mad it was only on e-readers but now that I can read it on my computer I'm so relieved! Thankss

I'm pretty upset that it's only for e-readers. I refuse to buy one of things bc i really enjoy having the actual books. Does anyone know if it will be published in some other format??
    Hi, Erin (welcome to the Board!)

I'd rather have a printed book, as well, but-sadly-I don't see e-readers going away any time soon. That seems to be the direction that the publishing industry is going..

("All things serve the Beam")

I got the B&N version with the added teaser. I enjoyed it immensely. One small thing though, the policeman could not have forgotten to take the safety off on his glock, they don't have safeties. The trigger mechanism serves that purposely being two part and a hard pull like a revolver in double action.

I just bought a little Net-book so I could sit on the couch in my livingroom and be on the Board while I pretend to watch TV with my husband. So, I don't have a Kindle. Or a Nook. Or an I-Pad. Or any other e-reader. So I can't read Mile 81.

Quote Originally Posted by erinmc711 View Post
    Well, I'd say that the odds are pretty good that it -- as well as "UR" -- would be included in King's next story collection. OF course, who knows when that could be ... although at the rate he's producing short stories lately, he's already got enough stockpiled for another collection, I'd guess.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed by "Mile 81." It wasn't awful, but it's one that just didn't really do much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 91rewoT View Post
    I just bought a little Net-book so I could sit on the couch in my livingroom and be on the Board while I pretend to watch TV with my husband. So, I don't have a Kindle. Or a Nook. Or an I-Pad. Or any other e-reader. So I can't read Mile 81.

Hi, Tower19!

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to read it..

("All things serve the Beam")

I love classic King! Mile 81 and Under The Dome are similar to his earlier days. Smiles.

So I did it.......I broke down and ordered this from Kindle and read it on my computer. I just couldn't wait. I really enjoyed this story! The only thing wrong with it is that it ended too soon. I wanted more!!!!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast