Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Mile 81 - Page 11

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Mile 81

Default Re: Mile 81

I really enjoyed Mile 81, but, like many others here, I felt it ended too soon. Now, I realize that, apparently, I missed "Ur" completely, so I'm off to B&N to download that one!
    Thanks to SK for another superb short story.

Does anyone know if this story will become available on "paper." I don't have the cash to purchase an e-reader for this one book. Personally I am a little ticked that I won't be able to read it. I haven't missed a book in so long that I can't remember and rereading is a good thing but new stories always make me happy. If anyone has any info on this please let me know.

There won't be another story collection coming out anytime soon but you don't have to have an e-reader to get the story. There are free software applications you can download that will allow you to read an e-book/story on your computer, e.g. Kindle's can be found here. You will still have to purchase the story as an e-book but you can read it on your computer.

Mile 81 is great story. I bought my Nook Color specifically right around the time it was released. Damn well worth it. This is my first delve into the e-reader market and I wanted to make sure one of Mr. King's books was the first one to touch my new e-reader. I was not disappointed. Seemed like five minutes into it, I was finishing it. ME WANT MORE Mile 81! Great story.

Read Mile 81 over the weekend. It was my first ebook. Very fitting.
    SK managed to ellicit a visceral reaction to include tears (again). "Thirty!"

Default Hard Copy?

call me old fashioned but I like to hold the actual book when I read. I do not own an eBook or Kindle or anything like that. Does anyone know if Mile 81 is going to be put in paper back or hard cover?
    Thanks! ~ Susan

Please see Post #103 above.

Default Re: Hard Copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jor80Dan View Post
    call me old fashioned but I like to hold the actual book when I read. I do not own an eBook or Kindle or anything like that. Does anyone know if Mile 81 is going to be put in paper back or hard cover?
    Thanks! ~ Susan
    You asked for it, Jor80Dan: You're old-fashioned. I'm both old- and new-fashioned, since music CDs, anyway. I told myself I bought the cassettes! I won't start over!

I don't even know where those cassettes are anymore, and I have hundreds of CDs, and I'm happy. I keep my vinyl, though.

If/when the time comes I read a beloved eBook, I rest assured of its hardcopy. Somewhere.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Re: Hard Copy?

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    You asked for it, Jor80Dan: You're old-fashioned. I'm both old- and new-fashioned, since music CDs, anyway. I told myself I bought the cassettes! I won't start over!

I don't even know where those cassettes are anymore, and I have hundreds of CDs, and I'm happy. I keep my vinyl, though.

If/when the time comes I read a beloved eBook, I rest assured of its hardcopy. Somewhere.
    Blunt - have you converted your 8 tracks to mp-3s yet?

Trivia question - What was the last commercially released 8-track (at least in the US)?

1982, Bob Seger - The Distance Bob insisted that Capital Records release it on 8-track because he thought many of his fans still had 8 track players

Sorry, now that I've totally gone off the rails of the tread, let me just say to Jor80Dan; "buy a kindle, you'll love it and you don't have to read anything on it you don't want to."

My question is (and I haven't read the other posts so as not to ruin the tale) is the novella worth the download? I don't have any of this fancy machinery but I did just get an Android phone and the tale is offered to download onto the phone. While I don't think I'll enjoy reading something in such small text if it is a superb tale I might not mind. It is only $2.99 so I obviously don't mind the cost. Still just a little weirded out with my new phone. Not used to anything on it as of yet!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast