This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Stand - Steal All The Things!

Default Re: The Stand - Steal All The Things!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinahorve View Post
    Take the candy . . . no, take the books . . . no, take the jewels . . . aahhhh, I can't carry it all.
    Hah! I remember thinking that it would be a perfect time to get a lot of reading done. Just find a wagon and load it with paperbacks.

I would make my way to Augusta Georgia and play lots and lots of GOLF.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrotoxic View Post
    As I picked up this lovely book and began to read it, many thoughts were racing through my head. I loved it, it was a great read, but... am I the only person who sat back and thought about every thing I would totally take if there was no one left to uphold the law?

When ever I re-read this story, I am always drifting off every fifty or so pages to think of the places that I would walk in to and what articles I would take. Okay, so I have a few selfish fantasies.
    But please tell me, I'm not the only one.

Any of you ever had that feeling while reading?
    LOL. This post reminded me of that old Steven Wright joke--

"You can't have everything... where would you put it?"

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    LOL. This post reminded me of that old Steven Wright joke--

"You can't have everything... where would you put it?"
    Hi,

Umm.

Everywhere?

Long days and pleasant nights

I recall thinking that...wuuu wuuu, as I watched Charleston Heston, The Omega Man...the movie about the short story...(the recent remake cast Will Smith and the title was...) Shoot me...I'm sorry. Matheson! Richard Matheson...I can't think of the name of the story and the Smith movie was called....escapes me....

anyway, i recall thinking that...what would I do? if I was the last person...the omega man, as the Heston/Smith characters were....honestly, too involved in the story The Stand to consider it much...turning pages....although the bit with the Fritos probably would be my reality.

In the movie, Heston is out shopping as I recall and a mannikin moves or something. He had this collection of movies...and he was watching Woodstock...which is like today is like the 40th-some anniversary of Woodstock. There was a thing at Strawberry Point, Iowa, that rivaled Woodstock, or was bigger, according to Joe....but to Joe, UM was the Big Cheese....and after cheering himself hoarse at Carver-Hawkeye, who knows? Right?

I think at the time I thought, yeah, I'd have a collection of records, or maybe it was 8-tracks at the time...onward and upward.

Of course, the first time I read The Stand thought of all that stuff, just for the taking. A lot people in the book do just that. But Rita says to Larry before they leave New York, they're all just rocks now, aren't they?

I read The Stand again this summer, and the thing I thought I would make sure to round up was my thyroid medicine that I take every day!

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Gorilla suits & banana costumes, oh, and rubber chickens, joy buzzers, itchy powder, disappearing ink, whoopy cushions.................
    I could then corner the practical joke market and become emperor of the universe..hey now. it could happen, so don't go all laughin' at me..uhhh, okay yeah, I do see your point, so maybe just a little gigglin' be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Gorilla suits & banana costumes, oh, and rubber chickens, joy buzzers, itchy powder, disappearing ink, whoopy cushions.................
    I could then corner the practical joke market and become emperor of the universe..hey now. it could happen, so don't go all laughin' at me..uhhh, okay yeah, I do see your point, so maybe just a little gigglin' be alright.
    Somehow the image of you sqaurin' off with The Walkin' Dude while wearing a gorilla suit(with appropriate cheesehead hat of course)made me snort H2O out me snout...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    the image of you sqaurin' off with The Walkin' Dude while wearing a gorilla suit(with appropriate cheesehead hat of course)
    That is really funny

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast