This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Stand - Steal All The Things!

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Default Re: The Stand - Steal All The Things!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Somehow the image of you sqaurin' off with The Walkin' Dude while wearing a gorilla suit(with appropriate cheesehead hat of course)made me snort H2O out me snout...

Well likeyaaaah, that dude's banana all the way, as one would need to be both slippery and deeelicious & nutritious with ones toasted oats ...well after all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially if one is to save mankind's future, nay, very soul, before lunch!

It's like a contingency plan for the zombie Apocalypse.I think to add to that, it should really be a dog for many reasons. One trust.. as long as you feed it, it will be loyal. 2. companionship... I talk to my dog 3. protection. 4. dogs can carry stuff (if needed).. and I think we all saw how Stu benefited from Kojak (that was his name right?, I haven't read the book in many years) because they are good hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post

Well likeyaaaah, that dude's banana all the way, as one would need to be both slippery and deeelicious & nutritious with ones toasted oats ...well after all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially if one is to save mankind's future, nay, very soul, before lunch!
    And a big old infusion of Maypo from the "White" cereal company would do a (do-gooder) body good!

It was the 70s, so naturally my first thought was how to find the choicest stashes of weed.

My first break-in would be at REI,load up on all the gear I would need to travel light.

I would take guns & ammo.

Oh yea! I think about it all the time. First off, I'd pick where I want to live, find me a nice house with a nice yard, preferably one in a temperate area that doesn't get bad winters that's off the grid and already set up to run off of solar power so I could still have me some creature comforts. Then I'd go to a Gander Mtn. type store and load up on guns, ammo, bows, arrows, knives, etc. And some fishing stuff too, as well as any other supplies that might come in handy. Then I'd snag me a real nice four-wheeler with a tow-behind trailer to haul my goods. I'd pick a four-wheeler because, like Larry, I'd be afraid I'd kill myself on a motorcycle. I'd have to make sure to take extra parts for it, spark-plugs and what not. Also I'd go to a Lowe's or other home supply place and make sure I've got a good tool kit, and I'd also load up on gardening supplies, tools and seeds and stuff. Then once the necessities are handled, I'd head off to load up on canned goods and non-perishables, oh and loads of t.p. too, since they won't be manufacturing anymore, lol, I'd hate to run out. Then, shopping time. I'd go stock up on all the clothes I could find that would fit me, as I haven't the slightest idea how to sew or make my own. This particular task wouldn't be super-easy as even now it's hard to find clothes I like that fit since I'm not a skinny person. Then, the best part. I'd load up on books. All the books on my wishlist (which at the moment numbers around 300 and some) plus all the books on my to-ponder-sounds-interesting list (again, around 3-400 books on that list). Would take a few trips, but I'd be happy. I'd furnish my house nicely, would probably have to take a box-truck for some of this stuff. I'd probably find myself taking some pretty jewelry (hey, I've never had real jewelry before, only cheap stuff) just for fun. I'd of course have to make sure to stock up on medical supplies, medicine, etc. Even though I rarely get sick, it'd be my luck something would happen when I'm all alone. I agree I'd like to have a dog, but as so many of them were killed off by the flu, it'd be hard to find. Oh, I'd probably break into a cop station or military place too to get me body-armor. I'm not gonna go around killing anyone, but I certainly don't want some of those bad people coming to kill me! A little protection would be good. Other little things to snag would be simple stuff, candles, lanterns, batteries... cases and cases and jugs of bottled water... Yea, I'm ready

I would pretend I was Mad Max for the rest of my life !

Quote Originally Posted by CriticAndProud View Post
    I would pretend I was Mad Max for the rest of my life !

~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Tempting as it may be to go and get all kinds of goodies... I think IŽd probably go to the Army Surplus and a camping/sports store FIRST. Stock up there on reliable stuff:

- Quality protective clothing, sturdy shoes with steel toes or army boots. A big strong backpack.
    - Good survival tools: Multitool, machete, axe, water canteens, water filtering system, gas mask just in case, light strong rope, small (foldable) fishing gear, cooking gear, lightweight easy tent (pop-up), flashlights (The kind without batteries), flares, lots of matches and alternative way to make a fire, strong binoculars.
    - Weapons, both ranged and melee: Small crossbow that fires steel balls (Because when you run out you could probably still shoot small pebbles with it ), pro catapult (Same reason), a big old 'Rambo'knife, brass knuckles, baseball bat, guns 'n ammo (Although where I am, that will be hard as you can't buy them legaly here unless you are a member of a shooting club with a permit, so there are no real gunstores here).

All I need now is a 'bakfiets' big enough to fit all my stuff and I am set, no need for gasoline either

I have no idea how it's called in English, but this is a bakfiets:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32_foto_1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	18487

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast