This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Is IT? Caution - Spoilers.

Default Re: What Is IT? Caution - Spoilers.

how can you be confused it is a creature opposite the turtle, who where both prob created by "the other". it originaly came from outside the universe (presumably kept out side because it would eat the turtle). a commit must have hit the wall at the edge of existance and pulled some of "it" from the other side and eventualy landed in pre historic deary, where it made its home.

which explains his appearances in INSOMNIA, THE TOMMYKNOCKERS, DREAMCATCHER, etc.
    I have read Dreamcatcher serveral times, Tommyknockers once, and I have not read Insomnia. I have read IT 12+ times. I have also seen many posts where people draw connections of the creature in IT to characters from the DT series and those have all been really helpful, but also the way Robert puts it makes a whole lot of since (I'm favoring his explanation now).

However, I wish to know about the connection with these other three books? Just to give me more to ponder on!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurtle View Post
    I have read Dreamcatcher serveral times, Tommyknockers once, and I have not read Insomnia. I have read IT 12+ times. I have also seen many posts where people draw connections of the creature in IT to characters from the DT series and those have all been really helpful, but also the way Robert puts it makes a whole lot of since (I'm favoring his explanation now).

However, I wish to know about the connection with these other three books? Just to give me more to ponder on!
    Dreamcatcher: one of the characters sees the memorial the Loser's Club set up, and something had wrote "Pennywise lives!" on it.

Tommyknockers" One of the characters glances a clown in the sewers

can't remember the one from Insomnia.

Alright so having just finished IT, and not having read any of his other books that references Pennywise, besides 11/22/63 and as I didn't even know his other works did as well, all i have to go off of is what I just read here and from the book itself. What I got from IT is that he is an extremely powerful being that exists in the Macroverse as the Deadlights, can take forms on earth and is at ends with The Turtle who seemed to be a 'guardian' of sorts but couldn't do much else as he says so. But now I am confused. Not having read Dreamcatcher, Tommyknockers or Insomnia, do those take place after 85' in which case I can assume that Derry rebuilt itself somewhat and Pennywise, is in fact able to be reborn somehow since The Deadlights are separate from our own Universe? If THAT is the case then why did the Losers' Club lose their memories? I didn't think IT would be so complicated and referenced in so many other of his books.

Also I realized just now after typing this whole thing out that the last post was in March. I did not want to take up another space for a thread though so apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by masterjedi343 View Post
    Alright so having just finished IT, and not having read any of his other books that references Pennywise, besides 11/22/63 and as I didn't even know his other works did as well, all i have to go off of is what I just read here and from the book itself. What I got from IT is that he is an extremely powerful being that exists in the Macroverse as the Deadlights, can take forms on earth and is at ends with The Turtle who seemed to be a 'guardian' of sorts but couldn't do much else as he says so. But now I am confused. Not having read Dreamcatcher, Tommyknockers or Insomnia, do those take place after 85' in which case I can assume that Derry rebuilt itself somewhat and Pennywise, is in fact able to be reborn somehow since The Deadlights are separate from our own Universe? If THAT is the case then why did the Losers' Club lose their memories? I didn't think IT would be so complicated and referenced in so many other of his books.

Also I realized just now after typing this whole thing out that the last post was in March. I did not want to take up another space for a thread though so apologies.
    It is okay to post on something even if the thread has been idle for a while. I can't answer your questions about why the Loser's Club lost their memories. I did read "It" recently for the first time. As far as references to other works Mr. King does that in many of his books which makes sense since they all came from his mind. His son Joe Hill does the same thing in his books. No need to apologize! Just keep reading and I think you should check out his other books - he has so many to choose from.
    http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/ranki...ing-books.html

have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyfats View Post
    Dreamcatcher: one of the characters sees the memorial the Loser's Club set up, and something had wrote "Pennywise lives!" on it.

Tommyknockers" One of the characters glances a clown in the sewers

can't remember the one from Insomnia.
    Apparently the book Insomnia has references to The Dark Tower and this reviewer says that unless you have read the series then Insomnia is unreadable... Huh? I disagree because I read Insomnia and had not touched any books in the Dark Tower and I still enjoyed it. But anyway all of his books have references to other works.

I see now you are asking what the connection is between "It" and Insomnia - oops again I do not know the answer. I know I really did enjoy Insomnia quite a bit however.

see the link below where they rate 62 of Stephen King's books:
    http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/ranki...ing-books.html

"
    Unless you are familiar with King's epic Dark Tower series, entire swaths of this gargantuan novel are unreadable. Though the sections dealing with the elderly protagonist and his lady love have a poignance to them, they are undercut by heavy-handed subplots about spousal abuse and the pro-choice/pro-life debate." here is where they rate Insomnia as no. 59 out of 62 books
    Last edited by Neesy; July 20th, 2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: I love Stephen King's work - he is the best!

I've read The Dark Tower and I still hate Insomnia.

Insomnia mentions an aura coming from the sewers at one point and when the CK flees near the end it flees to the Deadlights

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguise View Post
    Insomnia mentions an aura coming from the sewers at one point and when the CK flees near the end it flees to the Deadlights
    The aura coming from the sewers doesn't indicate that It survived. It merely indicates that something or someone is down there. I believe there is a "thinny" under Derry which is why it has always been something of focus point for things coming and going. The death of It merely opened the way for other things to come into what was largely Pennywise's (as good a name as any) private hunting preserve. In short, the Crimson King wouldn't have set foot in Derry while the previous Big Bad was in the house.

I had thought Pennywise was like one of Lovecraft's Old Ones except that it was part of SK's own created mythos.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123