This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: franny. anyone but molly ringwald. please.

Default Re: franny. anyone but molly ringwald. please.

I just finished watching this for the first time last night. I don't know who I'd cast for Flagg, but I really couldn't stand Jamey Sheridan. Not sure what it was about him that I didn't like, but

Lets face it, other than Gary Sinise it wasn't exactly an all star cast but I thought Molly did a respectable job as Fran. What it did for me was put a face to the characters when I read the book again.

Yesterday I was thinking about this and Rachel McAdams came to my mind but just like you I was wondering about the age factor. I also though about Emma Stone.

Aww, I like her. Attachment 16647

see, she's just like us, she wants senpai to notice her.

but in all seriousness, Franny was supposed to have way more pizzazz. =_= I wasn't too pleased.

I agree, Molly Ringwald was wronly cast for this role....Most of the casting was wrong for me with the exception of Adam Storke as Larry Underwood and Matt Frewer as Trashy.
    I can see Jennifer Lawrence in this role, ad Bradley Cooper as Larry Underwood. Jonah Hill as Harold Lauder??

I am so glad to see I am not the only one who did not like Molly Ringwald cast as Fran. She is not Fran. Too whiney.

I really liked most of the rest of the cast. Harold could have been cast better but he wasn't too horrible.

jimson2 Guest

Interesting, I thought Jamey Sheridan was a good Flagg. Ringwald eh...no and wasn't Harold Lauder suppose to be heavy and wear his hair long? I really like Gary Sinise, but I thought Stu Redman should have been a little younger.

Great job casting the trash can man, decent job on Julie Lawry, Nadine Cross, Nick and Tom. The rest I don't really remember.

Quote Originally Posted by jimson2 View Post
    Interesting, I thought Jamey Sheridan was a good Flagg. Ringwald eh...no and wasn't Harold Lauder suppose to be heavy and wear his hair long? I really like Gary Sinise, but I thought Stu Redman should have been a little younger.

Great job casting the trash can man, decent job on Julie Lawry, Nadine Cross, Nick and Tom. The rest I don't really remember.
    I thought Frannie had long blonde hair? I imagined her a bit like Gweneth Paltrow!

I thought Larry Stu and Nadine were perfect - Tom and Nick also - all in all it was a good series and stayed as true as possible to the book (apart from a few exceptions!)

Frannie was terrible casting!

Flagg - hmmmmmmmm I liked him at the time but thinking back I think I would have had Clint Eastwood in the Good the Bad and the Ugly lol

I'm pretty sure Fran had Auburn or Chestnut hair?

I watched this recently, and I have to say that I think you guys are being a bit mean on Molly. I think the character was badly written for the series, but what she had to do, I didn't see anything from Molly that struck me as bad acting. Not growing up in the 90s America, I had no idea who anyone in the series was except for Stephen himself and Laura San Giacomo - who I felt was probably the 2nd best acted role as Nadine. The guy who played Stu was probably the best, when I saw Larry I thought "why the hell is Bono in the film?", he was alright in parts but poor in others. I hated Flagg and hated the fact that he kept morphing in the demon faced thing. I thought Lloyd was brilliantly acted, even if he wasn't how I pictured him in the book.

One thing that annoyed me most about the film was that the changed Abbigail from 108 to 106 - why? That was pointless and just seemed like it was changed for no reason at all. One change that was great was changing Ray to Rae and casting Kathy Bates as the radio talk show host who was killed on air.
    Last edited by Dana Jean; July 9th, 2013 at 10:50 PM. Reason: added spoilers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast