This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Devastated and Not Sure Why - Spoilers

Default Re: Devastated and Not Sure Why - Spoilers

I guess I was a little depressed too, but I think I kind of felt it had to be this way to explain some of the time travel consequences. It was interesting to me that even though there was a "re-set", as explained in the book it wasn't complete. Sadie still had memories of Jake.

I guess they could of ended up together some way, but isn't it great how a good story can make you FEEL so much. I think that is the beauty in this. I'm with you all the way!

The ending of this book did make me cry (and I am not a crying woman!)--but I felt wonderful at the end of the book. I thought the ending was handled absolutely perfectly. I was a bit melancholy that Jake and Sadie did not end up together but I also knew that that couldn't happen. I do know what you mean by caring a lot about these characters. I did too--I always do with SK's characters, as he develops them so masterfully--but these in particular spoke to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danpd66 View Post
    Maybe we should start a recovery group?
    This made me laugh out loud; but it might not be a bad idea!

For the record, I just remembered this, I've posted a review by Bryant Burnett in the reviews thread at the top of the forum page. In that review he has an interesting take on the relation between Jake and Sadie and what eventually happens to them. It's in the Reviews for 11/22/62 thread for any who want to know.

As for the idea of Jake and Sadie meeting on another level of the Tower, not to sure this is the right place for that discussion, and I don't know how feasible such a thing is. However, I can offer the next best thing. A littl feel good shot in the arm, courtesy of the Overlook Hotel.

Think of it as another level of the Tower if you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os6raCCmAFk

Me? I like to think "Hearts are tough, the true ones never break."

I took this more as a romance novel
    Oh good God, PLEASE no covers with Uncle Steveie rippin' his shirt off.......

really, gntlgnt...why not a return to real horror !

That fake cover for Misery's Return remains one of the best things I've ever seen. If someone sold a wall-size version of it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by 91rewoT View Post
    so, maybe Jake meets up with a much older Sadie...don't be sad!!

Jake does meet up with Sadie again in the "present" where she is now 80-years old...and to him still as beautiful as ever. In the very short segment King shows us--where they meet and dance--Sadie already seems to have a vague recollection of who "George" is which left me hopeful for their future, despite the age difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Oh good God, PLEASE no covers with Uncle Steveie rippin' his shirt off.......
    Oh man, what I wouldn't give for THAT Misery cover.

Thought you might appreciate this one, Ally.

Bad Sex in Fiction Prize Goes to David Guterson, Sparing, King, Murakami.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Haha, oh boy, am I disappointed Steve didn't win THAT award. Glad to see he was a contender, though!

Personally, I feel he should have won for this sex paragraph alone:

She said, "Don't make me wait, I've had enough of that," and so I kissed the sweaty hollow of her temple and moved my hips forward ... She gasped, retreated a little, then raised her hips to meet me. "Sadie? All right?" "Ohmygodyes," she said and I laughed. She opened her eyes and looked up at me with curiosity and hopefulness. "Is it over, or is there more?"

"A little more," I said. "I don't know how much. I haven't been with a woman in a long time."

It turned out there was quite a bit more At the end she began to gasp. "Oh dear, oh my dear, oh my dear dear God, oh sugar!"

...and that was one of the better ones he wrote!

Ya know I luv ya Steve, but the sex thang just doesn't work for me, it really does make me cringe. Even though it's "characters" doing the dirty deed I always picture SK writing it and feeling embarrassed himself. Strange huh? Guess it's kinda like watching your dad dance at a party...just say no, dude, there ain't ever going to be a good outcome to that scenario! Y'all remember how horrified I was at the

straight sex--i.e; no necrophilia--between Baaarbie and Julia in UTD? Shudder.
    Dunno what that says about me?!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast