This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Devastated and Not Sure Why - Spoilers

Default Re: Devastated and Not Sure Why - Spoilers

Oh God, yeah. I closed the back cover of 11/22/63 less than an hour ago and the only word I can use right now is "bereft". I can't think of a better way to have ended the story, though. Is it possible to be happily bereft? No one else can breathe such believable, fall-in-lovable life into ink and paper like Stephen King. Haven't felt such a powerful connection to a King hero since the Dark Tower concluded. So epic. And Sadie did indeed steal a bit of my heart by the last page. Now I just wish I had read slower. :/

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who felt thisway, and agreed wholeheartedly with the comments re: it being a testament to the fantastic job with the Sadie Dunhill character.

I've read all of SK's work and believe me am not surprised that it wasn't all sunshine and lollipops, but for whatever reason this one hit me, and even harder than the

Eddie Dean
    death. You're a good one Sadie Dunhill. I always knew there was a good reason for my contempt for OCD neat freaks.

I've decided that in many of the infinite realities Sadie and 'George Amberson' got the chance to be together and have a happy life. Small consolation for me though. In the past week or so my malaise has lifted somewhat, but I'm still so sad for poor Sadie Dunhill. And know that I would **** over the whole world for 'my' Sadie Dunhill, so pray that I never find a dimensional rift

And Kingslayer is a reference to George RR Martin's character -- I assure you I have no van nor rottweiler nor desire for the greatest living writer to pass from our midst. Keep going, Stevie. Thanks to the others in the 'support group' for sharing. My name is Pete, and I love Sadie Dunhill. Ha.

Just a reminder, folks, to include the spoiler tag when putting in spoilers from other titles as well. Too bad we don't have a different colored spoiler tag so that it would be easier to tell if it was related to the same or a different book.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Just a reminder, folks, to include the spoiler tag when putting in spoilers from other titles as well. Too bad we don't have a different colored spoiler tag so that it would be easier to tell if it was related to the same or a different book.
    I think nice idea, Ms. M.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Too bad we don't have a different colored spoiler tag so that it would be easier to tell if it was related to the same or a different book.
    Uhoh...watch out Jordan! Looks like Ms Mod's hit on a brainstorm so may be cracking her whip in your general direction sometime soon.

*I'm just kidding...pretty please don't whup me too missus!*

I give props to Jake, I couldn't have made the decision he made. I would have risked it all for what I wanted, and I don't think things would have worked out too poorly if the conclusion would have been what I wanted it to be. Of course, that is just what I keep telling myself as I continue developing "alternate endings" in my mind.

Kingslayer- hahaha!

Me-"My name is Dan"
    Group- "Hi Dan"
    Me- "It's been less than a week since I finished 11/22/63 and I am depressed and in love with Sadie Dunhill"
    Group- "Welcome Dan, we understand what your feeling and will help you on the road to recovery."

Hahaha!

Or how about we hit the spoiler button and a list pops up of the books . . . when selected the spoiler will show up on the post with the title of the story on it

Probably too complicated

I am anything but devastated. I said in another thread that this is my favorite book of his since Bag of Bones and that includes any DT book post Bag of Bones (special props to Hearts in Atlantis though).

I feel that in many of those post Bag of Bones books he writes these great stories and sometimes struggles to finish them or bring them home in a satisfactory way for myself personally. This book was great from beginning to end.

Kudos to you Mr King

Quote Originally Posted by 1BachmanKing9 View Post
    Or how about we hit the spoiler button and a list pops up of the books . . . when selected the spoiler will show up on the post with the title of the story on it

Probably too complicated
    Ayuh!

Especially when there's folk like me who often use the spoiler tag for nothing in particular but simply because I can and like to keep people guessing.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast