Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Devastated and Not Sure Why - Spoilers - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Devastated and Not Sure Why - Spoilers

Default Re: Devastated and Not Sure Why - Spoilers

I,too, cried like a baby at the end of 11/22/63. But tried to be philisophical. And remember, you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need, to paraphrase.

"can't always get what you want"--- Damn Rolling Stones!

Even being philosophical, it doesn't help the pain! I'm still feeling it, but I have finally been able to focus on other things in my life (but just barely!)

Mayhap the most important part of that line in the Stones song: 'If you try'

Phew, I almost made this exact topic a few days ago when I finished the book. Good thing the forum was closed and I had time to snoop around!

I was balling my eyes out when i first finished the book, it wasn't even funny. Couldn't fall asleep for s**t that night either. While I think that the ending definitely was amazing when just taking Stephen's writing skills into consideration (let's be honest here, Mr. King most likely sold his soul to the Devil for those... hahaha), but I am still wound up and upset. I just hope he'll mention Sadie and Jake again, even if only in as much as 2 sentences in another book, and how in another string of time they did find each other again.

Honestly, I thought I'm prepared for anything after reading Hearts in Atlantis, but nope, 11/22/63 is the book that ruined everything I'll ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by katiesparkles View Post
    I just hope he'll mention Sadie and Jake again, even if only in as much as 2 sentences in another book, and how in another string of time they did find each other again.

They do find each other again at the end of this book. Sure they have the age difference to contend with, but if their love is true and timeless then they can overcome that.

Welcome to the board.

You think 28 years is a long time for the "fruit to hang on the tree", try 80! Arthritis has got to be setting in by that point!

I'm with you KatieSparkles! We can always hope and dream for a future mention of Jake and Sadie going the route that so many of us were praying for!

before i reply, could someone share the secret of posting a spoiler with me? don't want to ruin anything for anybody.

and thanks guys!! i was a long-time lurker but finally decided to join!

All you have to do is highlight the text you want to put in the spoiler, then click the spoiler button (it's the red one with the white bar).

John

Personally, I loved the ending. I thought it was perfect.

I was sad for Sadie and Jake but there really could not have been any other ending.

King has always had characters that sacrifice for the good of all. After Jake hears about the earthquake in California, I suspected that the repercussions were going to be very, very bad and that Jake had to go back and do a reset.

My "problem" with the ending is that

.. I don't know. Think about it. Sadie's crazy ex tries to kill her, ends up mutilating her, and she's got nobody to stand through this with her because Jake is, well, non-existant in her world. He parents are still batsh*t crazy, probably still bringing her in-laws to the hospital and blaming her for what happened. Deke is old, so he probably died around... what... 1970? Maybe 1975?

She never remarried, and for all we know, she might still be a virgin at 80. She deserves better. I LIKE the ending, it's fantastic, it's a piece of art.. but the 12 year old in me wants to see them... err.. read about them growing old together. Of course, this is not what Stephen is known for, I know. Haha. Still, Sadie deserves more than a scar on her face (and more than becoming citizen of the century).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast