Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Devastated and Not Sure Why - Spoilers - Page 7

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Devastated and Not Sure Why - Spoilers

Default Re: Devastated and Not Sure Why - Spoilers

Thanks, I appreciate it! I'll have to give it a try.

I read this book in 2 days and I loved it! I'll admit I cried too. Jake and Sadie were such a great couple. It's definitely on me re-read list. (And I'm sure I'll cry the second time around too)

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

I loved the romance of Jake and Sadie & felt awful at what happened to Sadie. I cried when Jake was missing her, it was so unfair, after all that had happened to him, especially after his beating. I was really hoping that Jake was going to go back & save her & it could be a happy ever after ending too, but that doesn't always happen in life, does it? I was not prepared for that ending of their romance. The final ending was a little more comforting, but still, I wanted it another way....leave it to Mr. King to knock me off my feet....I knew there was a reason I love him!

I've got a feeling that SK has become more of a romantic over the years. If he would've written this in the 70s when he first thought about it, I'd bet the ending wouldn't have been as "awwww" as it was.

I read a lot of books, but this is the first time in ages where I don't have the urge to pick up another book...I want to keep savoring it. I have recommended this book to a handful others and two have already started it...and why? Because of the moments where I pumped my fist for Jake, when I caught myself not breathing during the tense moments and how I exhaled at the end. Marty McFly said "I've got a time machine, I've got all the time in the world" ... well this book showed a whole new look and it's tough. I feel for Sadie and I feel for Jake...and I look forward to a Hollywood version, whether it's an HBO mini-series or an eventual DVD with the director's cut,

so we can see the final ending where Jake and Sadie live happily ever after
    . Until then, hopefully it's just a couple more sleepless nights...

Quote Originally Posted by jchanic View Post
    Please try the series. Book 1, The Gunslinger, is very different than the rest of the series. Often people who have trouble with The Gunslinger skip it and start with Book 2, The Drawing of the Three, then go back to Book 1. You won't regret reading the entire series.

John
    Thanks for the encouragement a couple of months ago on the Dark Tower. I went back over The Gunslinger (it was also tough the 2nd time), then moved on to The Drawing of The Three, and enjoyed it; and last night, just finished the Wastelands, and now I'm hooked.

Unregistered Guest

I'm glad its not just me!

Started the book on Friday. Finished it this evening. Spent the last two hours alternately praising Mr King and cursing him for upsetting me so much.

Its been a very long time since a book has moved me so much. I actually wept twice, and as Jake would say, I have never been what you'd call a crying man.

Possibly the finest book I have ever read.

"My names Colin, and I'm in love with Sadie Dunhill"

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: Devastated and Not Sure Why - Spoilers

I just finished the book and loved it. I am just disappointed that the bookie and his thugs didn't get tortured somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm glad its not just me!

Started the book on Friday. Finished it this evening. Spent the last two hours alternately praising Mr King and cursing him for upsetting me so much.

Its been a very long time since a book has moved me so much. I actually wept twice, and as Jake would say, I have never been what you'd call a crying man.

Possibly the finest book I have ever read.

"My names Colin, and I'm in love with Sadie Dunhill"
    My feelings were almost identical, and I'm not a "touchy feely" kind of guy; and I also fell for Sadie. There are a lot of good "therapy" threads under Novels / 11 22 63, enjoy!

I finished this book 3 days ago and my emotions are still all over the place. I can't remember the last time a book did that to me.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast