Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Best ending of any Stephen King Book! - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best ending of any Stephen King Book!

Default Re: Best ending of any Stephen King Book!

Quote Originally Posted by parfinder View Post
    Loved the ending - held on wanting more found it better than Hearts in Atlantis ""For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are those 'It might have been.'"
    - John Greenleaf Whittier
    I'd like to add a phrase to the end of that quote, it being, "and the end."
    This was one of those books that almost hurt to put down. I didn't want it to end.
    This book has re-read and or get the audio book written all over it in big bold letters.

I'm just stumped over that 'spoiler'....that wasnt MY recollection.... I recall

them as dancing...old woman /youngish man. comparatively speaking...or was that an alternative reality thingie???
    now I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by 1BachmanKing9 View Post
    No stone's being thrown here, Srbo, the way the DT series is my all time favorite ending of SK's.

Maybe i'm in the minority here, but I generally have enjoyed most of his endings.
    The ending of the DT series is my favorite ending of ANY book, ever. A perfect ending to a perfect series, I say thank ya Mr. King.

I have just started on 11/22/63 and am only about 200 pages in so I can't comment on the ending but I will say so far I am completely captivated and am absolutely devouring this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
    You really have to wonder if any of the numerous error/discrepancy pointer-outer-ers have written novels of their own. They sure act as though they have. On a more positive note, I loved 11/22/63. Both the ending at the part where

Sadie dies
    made me shed a few tears. The ending reminds me of another ending of another book (or possibly a film) but I can't seem to remember it. Also, it's interesting to note that in US edition, the title has forward slashes between the dates, whereas in the UK/Australian edition the title has full stops separating the dates. I wonder why this is?
    Time travelers wife by Audrey Neffenegger has a very similar ending

Quote Originally Posted by CCAL View Post
    I'm just stumped over that 'spoiler'....that wasnt MY recollection.... I recall

them as dancing...old woman /youngish man. comparatively speaking...or was that an alternative reality thingie???
    now I'm confused
    If you're talking about my post, it was supposed to read 'both the ending AND the part where

Sadie dies
    ' instead of 'both the ending at the part where

Sadie dies
    ' - the mistake makes it seems like that's the ending, which it's not. Sorry about the confusion! :/

Haven't seen/read The Time Traveller's Wife so that can't be it champ1966. Hmm... I'm still wondering what it is that I'm reminded of.

I loved this book sooo much. In my opinion, it's his best novel, but it ties with the fourth Dark Tower "Wizard and Glass"
    The ending was great for me. I thought it was really sad that Sadie (and it kept bugging me) that she trusted in Jake so much that she thought she was really out for a great cause, and saving the world and such. And she was just such a sweet person, in the way, she was brave and motivated to save the president, and died for it. And it was all just to ruin the world. I wondered what she would have thought, if she had made it to the rabbit-hole with Jake, anticipating the laser surgery for her face.
    I don't know if I could have shown Jake's restraint in not going back to get her, risking the fabric of reality. The biggest thing that would have made me doubtful was the fact that I was going to many years older than I was when I met her before, and I would worry that I couldn't get her again. So, I wouldn't want to risk reality for a small chance of getting her. But, she was an amazing woman, and Stephen King did such a great job of making her lovable. That's SK's greatest talent, giving character's very unique and specific personalities that are well defined and enjoyable.

Amen!

This was one of those wonderful books that made me simultaneously conflicted between thinking, " I can't wait to see how this ends" and " I don't want this to end !"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast