This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best ending of any Stephen King Book!

Default Re: Best ending of any Stephen King Book!

I love it! I thought the same thing. Those presumptuous wanna-be twerps! I wish I had a fraction of Mr. King's creative genius.

i liked the ending to cell
    im on my own i know

as for tommy knockers it has to take a distant 3rd place in the WTF endings to the stand
    as my mother said "what the bloody hell was all that for?"
    and under the dome in at number 2
    threw that big ol tomb across the room after i finished it
    still saving to fix the whole in my wall
    though secret window had a bit of a lame-o ending aswell

I agree, 11/22/63 had the best ending, DT would be second. IT was one of my favorite king books, but if we're talking strictly about the endings, I wouldn't put it in the top ten, even.

I'm with all of you here who loved the ending to 11/22/63. This seemed like such a different kind of book for King, and while he seemed to me to deviate from his usual stories, he nailed this one, dead nuts. I was completely fascinated from the first paragraph to the last. I spent 3 days devouring this one. I couldn't put it down. I would wake up in the middle of the night, unable to go back to sleep until I'd read more. Like all his other work, the worst part was that it had to end. As I got closer and closer to the end, I would set it aside to make it last just a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by dregj View Post
    i liked the ending to cell
    im on my own i know
    Why would you think you're on your own here? I really enjoyed the entire book, including the ending!

I've stated this many times, but I still firmly believe it, The Dark Tower ending is the best written ending I've ever read. It was perfectly done.

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

I've always enjoyed the ass end part of his books that have Afterwords/Epilogues...that place and date signoff.

A very strong message.

"I've put this down and have moved on. So should you, for you are running behind schedule. Catch me."

Newbie here..
    Just finished the book yesterday, great ending and yes I cried.. I just moved to the Fort Worth area from NH last October, so I can totally resonate with the story, well with the New Englander moving to Texas part. Makes me want to head over to the school book depository to check it out again.. I've also done a few searches for Mercedes St, but I think I'll pass on actually going down there...

I'm also suffering from withdrawal... This was my first Stephen King novel, although I have seen a few movies (Green Mile, Shawshank, and IT-never again)

Big question: now what? I'm not into horror at all, even remembering the IT references from this novel gave me the willies.. I was wondering if anyone knew a good book to transition into?

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

To: Lus28

Re: "now what? I'm not into horror at all...I was wondering if anyone knew a good book to transition into?"

If you might like a Tolkeinesque "High Fantasy soap opera" story without all the wordburden that comes along with it (and it is a zip of a read) try : "The Eyes of the Dragon."

It might get you interested in the majesty of the Tower, which is Bound to serve you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lus28 View Post
    Big question: now what? I'm not into horror at all, even remembering the IT references from this novel gave me the willies.. I was wondering if anyone knew a good book to transition into?
    Under the Dome is a brilliant book and is not 'scary' in the traditional sense. It's quite different from the supernatural storylines of say IT or The Shining....You will enjoy UTD.

Hi, and welcome to the SKMB!
    The novel 'IT' was soooo much better than the mini-series imo, but it is a scary one. You could probably just pick a Stephen King book at random and be enthralled with it. I would suggest starting on the Dark Tower journey, or perhaps reading The Stand first. There are many creepy/scary SK novels but I personally love them. Duma Key really gave me the willies, same for Salem's Lot. I think they are all worth reading. I've heard from many people who weren't generally fans of the genre, become 'constant readers' themselves. Stephen is such a master of his craft that one does tend to become addicted to his works.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast