Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What's on your Stephen King reading list? - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your Stephen King reading list?

Default Re: What's on your Stephen King reading list?

I have read most of his books but some were20 years ago and when Ive read posts on the forum I realise I dont remember some of them very well. So my main aim this year is to re-read them all. I havent read DTVII yet, because someone told me the ending and it put me off!!! I may just need to re read the whole series from scratch to put me back on track.Somewhere in between I'll try and have a life!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mellie View Post
    I have read most of his books but some were20 years ago and when Ive read posts on the forum I realise I dont remember some of them very well. So my main aim this year is to re-read them all. I havent read DTVII yet, because someone told me the ending and it put me off!!! I may just need to re read the whole series from scratch to put me back on track.Somewhere in between I'll try and have a life!!!
    Finish the Dark Tower series, i've heard a lot of people say the ending was spoiled for them, but the book holds a lot more secrets and intrigue than just that which you will find at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by mellie View Post
    Start the journey again and read them all. Trust me, knowing the ending is not going to spoil it for you. Many of us who have had numerous re reads know the ending, yet each taking of the journey opens new feelings, new experiences, things that were missed the first, second, third time around. Don't miss the opportunity to experience this journey just because you know the ending.

i think your both right and i think nows a good time for me to begin. So the dark tower series is next on my stephen king reading list!

Quote Originally Posted by dsurrett View Post
    Which books are on your Stephen King "to be read" list? If you've read them all, please don't laugh at or ridicule those of us who haven't.
    My list includes Cujo, Pet Sematary, and 11/22/63, and will be added on as I complete these. At the moment I'm still on Under the Dome.
    Long days and pleasant nights.
    NO ONE should ever laugh at, much less ridicule someone for not having read all of King's books. We all started with that one first book, didn't we? If anything, people who have read all of his works might be just a tad bit jealous...there is so much waiting for you to discover!! Happy reading!!

I have a lot of books on my list.

Lisey's Story (reading it right now)
    Full Dark, No Stars
    The Stand
    Under the Dome
    Rose Madder

Black House
    The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla
    The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah
    The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower

Also, I need to finish reading Insomnia and Dreamcatcher. I only made it through half of each.

I honestly don't have many Stephen King books left to read. I have, "The Talisman, Black House, The Shining, The Tommyknockers, 11/22/63, Wind Through the Keyhole, Dark Tower 2-7, The Colorado Kid, Skeleton Crew and the upcoming Doctor Sleep. To most people that would be a lot more to read, but think of all the books he's written! And the three that I've heard the most praise from are The Shining, 11/22/63 and well...I might as well add the retr of the Dark Towers books as one.

Reading through all the posts on this subject made me melancholy for some of SKs past works that I read years ago (have been a fan for 20+ years). I have, patiently waiting their turn to be read while sitting on my book shelf:

11/22/63
    Wind/Keyhole
    The Plant (although I have them downloaded, PI and PII, are there other parts out yet?)

I have read most of his works - would love to find some of the short stories that he has published in mags. I laughed at how many people still havent read Insomnia and that is my favorite novel of his. Has been for years. As I look at everyone else's lists I am making my list to go back and read; The Long Walk, The Talisman, TDT (again for the millionth time), the list goes on and on and on and on....

I haven't read The Wind Through the Keyhole yet, but it's in the stack and very near the top. Other than that, all caught up!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast