Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What's on your Stephen King reading list? - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your Stephen King reading list?

Default Re: What's on your Stephen King reading list?

All of The Dark Tower. I read The Gunslinger and could. Not. Get into it. Yes, I finished it. Loathed it. And because of that reading experience, I've dreaded and subsequently put off reading the rest of the lot.

Duma Key
    The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
    Carrie
    Cujo
    Rose Madder
    Everything's Eventual
    Full Dark, No Stars

I guess confession is good for the soul.

Lily, I too had terrible difficulty with The Gunslinger. I persevered and made my way through it, but with nothing like my usual SK enjoyment. And then I picked up Drawing Of The Three - not without a great deal of trepidation - and found myself sucked right into it from page 1. One of the great things about the DT books is that it is undoubtedly one huge coherent story, yet every book in it has a completely different feel to all the others, even though they are a single sequential story.

Have no fear, plunge straight into book 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    All of The Dark Tower. I read The Gunslinger and could. Not. Get into it. Yes, I finished it. Loathed it. And because of that reading experience, I've dreaded and subsequently put off reading the rest of the lot.

Duma Key
    The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
    Carrie
    Cujo
    Rose Madder
    Everything's Eventual
    Full Dark, No Stars

I guess confession is good for the soul.

Lily, please do me a favor Go to the library and pick up a copy of The Drawing of the Three (by that wordslinger Stephen King). Find a quiet spot, open the book, read the words, feel the pull, and get ready for the most awesome journey of a lifetime. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Do not miss this experience.

I finally put Under the Dome down with 300 pages left. I'll pick it up again later. I've recently listened to 11/22/63 (loved it!), 2 McCammon books, and am on The Dark Half now. Almost finished with paperback Pet Sematary and will move on to The Long Walk, and maybe go back to UTD after that.
    It's been a few years, but I trudged through The Gunslinger, but after that the series got much better.
    LILY, don't give up before reading Drawing of the Three!

Rose Madder, Everythings Eventual (currently reading), Cujo, The Talisman, Black House, The Eyes Of The Dragon, Tommyknockers, The Colorado Kid, IT, Blockade Billy, Dreamcatcher, Skeleton Crew, Hearts in Atlantis, Cycle of the Werewolf. I'd also like to re-read The Stand, The Shining, Cell, Under the Dome, Full Dark No Stars soon as have a bad habit of rushing through books which I'm trying to rectify. Also didn't get to finish Insomnia and Bag Of Bones, just got distracted from them near the end. Re-reading the Dark Tower is always a treat as well, really enjoyed doing that last year.

Joyland, Doctor Sleep, 11/22/63, I am reading From a Buick 8 again. It's odd I am a long time Constant Reader, since way back in the seventies. But, the odd thing is I remember most of the books or at least once somebody starts talking about them. But, I can't remember From a Buick 8. So, I'm reading it again on my Kindle Fire. Maybe this time I'll pay more attention.

having been a CR since carrie...i, too, have read 'em all once...some quite a bit more...

so joyland & doctor sleep top the list...

but...i'm thinking either pet semetary, firestarter or christine are due for their first reread...

The Stand (again). Would like to finish The Dark Tower, but I'm in no hurry.

Almost finished IT. Only my second read in all these years. REALLY scaring the sxxx out of me and I am SO loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Lily, please do me a favor Go to the library and pick up a copy of The Drawing of the Three (by that wordslinger Stephen King). Find a quiet spot, open the book, read the words, feel the pull, and get ready for the most awesome journey of a lifetime. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Do not miss this experience.
    I can second that. WTTK did it for me. Went on the journey of my life.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast