This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 159 of 368 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Morning! We had a good time yesterday, didn't really get where it was cooler, though. Kids wanted to go back to Devils Tower, so that's where we headed. We didn't walk around it this time, it was just too hot, but the visitors center was open, so they really liked hearing about the Indian legend of how the Tower came to be, with the bear. They were fascinated by it, I was still answering questions about it at 10 last night! Then we circled around to the inlaws house and visited them for a while. They have a new puppy, and she loved the kids! Bouncing around, licking, they had a great time playing with her.

Wondered if we were going to make it out of town at all...hubby gets all antsy, waiting for everyone to get ready. We get out the door and he decides he needs to wash the pickup before we leave, and we have to gas up, of course, and he wants to stop somewhere for a bite to eat. (I always wonder why it never occurs to him to do these things while impatiently waiting on everyone to be ready to go...wouldn't that make sense?) So we get gas, and there is an automatic car wash you can pay for the wash right with your gas...go over to the car wash, they were nice enough to push his mirrors in so they didn't get smushed. We get out of the car wash, he gets out to pull his mirrors back out, and the drivers side mirror just fell right out onto the ground and shattered. So then we had to go to a parts house, they didn't carry them, and ended up at the Ford dealership, ordering (of course they had none in stock) a new mirror. Sheesh. By the time we got something to eat and got on the road, I was just nodding my head and agreeing with everything he said. "Ok, honey, yep, you're right, honey."

Thankfully the rest of the day was pretty normal, except we creamed a poor little bird (only he wasn't so little) on the way home. The wind was blowing pretty hard, and the sun was in that blind you spot, and I think the poor bird didn't even see us. BOOM! Right into the windshield. Poor little birdy.

Today is thankfully only going to be around 85...that is going to feel pretty good after 3 or 4 days of triple digit heat.

Sending hugs to all! Have a great day, stay safe from fire, flood, heat waves, whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at us next.

Wondrous Wednesday Tet-mateys Arggg!
    I've got so much to do today and I find myself not doing any of it. I need to start laundry, vacuum, dust, change kitty litter, pay me rents to the landlord, make some business calls and run errands. I got up about 2 hours ago with the best of intentions but yet here I sit.... I think I need more coffee.
    So I'll have a black coffee flavored black coffee and a stick of dynamite to insert in a handy orifice and light as needed to get myself out of this chair.
    I'm actually looking forward to errands today, it's beautiful out and blue skies abound. I might get to see some Puget Soundians sun worshiping in their patented sandal, socks, shorts and jacket ensembles. OK Seriously, I need to get it in gear.

You all have a great day and keep the faith and know that you are precious.

((((Everyone)))))

Good Wednesday to all. It's wonderful to see the sun again.Tons of outside chores need to be done.
    Glad you had a good time, Tina.
    Patricia, one step at a time. Enjoy life and all will be accomplished. That coffee sounds soooo good. May skip the herbal tea today.
    Heading over to bean bag central. All are welcome to join.

(((((all in need or not)))))

Hi, Happy Wednesday, everyone!

I hope all's well, or getting better..

I want to thank you all, once again, for your consistent support, love, and all-around enthusiasm regarding Tanya and the Little One. Anyway, just in case everyone hasn't heard yet, they weren't able to determine the gender. We now have roughly 21 days to wait!

As for our time away, we had a great time (but like they say, "There's no place like home!") Grandmother's 90th birthday party was a huge success, with at least 100 in attendance!

We had crappy weather all today yesterday. I don't think I saw a single ray of light, and the rain would not stop. I think we brought the lousy weather back with us! It is much better today, though, it's beautiful!

Have a wonderful day, enjoy the rest of your week!!

LongTallSally Guest

*wanders in all stiff and sore* I put in many hours of dancing yesterday, plus a shift at work where I ended up doing all the grunt work. I'm going to be hiding in the corner booth with a pizza and a couple of bottles of Heineken (the tall-boy glass ones...).

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Morning! We had a good time yesterday, didn't really get where it was cooler, though. Kids wanted to go back to Devils Tower, so that's where we headed. We didn't walk around it this time, it was just too hot, but the visitors center was open, so they really liked hearing about the Indian legend of how the Tower came to be, with the bear. They were fascinated by it, I was still answering questions about it at 10 last night! Then we circled around to the inlaws house and visited them for a while. They have a new puppy, and she loved the kids! Bouncing around, licking, they had a great time playing with her.

Wondered if we were going to make it out of town at all...hubby gets all antsy, waiting for everyone to get ready. We get out the door and he decides he needs to wash the pickup before we leave, and we have to gas up, of course, and he wants to stop somewhere for a bite to eat. (I always wonder why it never occurs to him to do these things while impatiently waiting on everyone to be ready to go...wouldn't that make sense?) So we get gas, and there is an automatic car wash you can pay for the wash right with your gas...go over to the car wash, they were nice enough to push his mirrors in so they didn't get smushed. We get out of the car wash, he gets out to pull his mirrors back out, and the drivers side mirror just fell right out onto the ground and shattered. So then we had to go to a parts house, they didn't carry them, and ended up at the Ford dealership, ordering (of course they had none in stock) a new mirror. Sheesh. By the time we got something to eat and got on the road, I was just nodding my head and agreeing with everything he said. "Ok, honey, yep, you're right, honey."

Thankfully the rest of the day was pretty normal, except we creamed a poor little bird (only he wasn't so little) on the way home. The wind was blowing pretty hard, and the sun was in that blind you spot, and I think the poor bird didn't even see us. BOOM! Right into the windshield. Poor little birdy.

Today is thankfully only going to be around 85...that is going to feel pretty good after 3 or 4 days of triple digit heat.

Sending hugs to all! Have a great day, stay safe from fire, flood, heat waves, whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at us next.
    I have always wanted to go see Devil's Tower! I'm glad you had a good day in spite of the rough start.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today so I think I'll just take my water bottle and saltines over to a beanbag in the corner and read the day away.

I hope everyone will stay safe from the fires and I will pray for all those who have already been affected.

Want to wish everyone a good Wednesday.

I'm so happy to hear you are safe Maryann and also glad to hear that Debby has calm down and
    weather is good in FL again. It rained the whole day here and was pretty cold too only 10C

Please be safe from wildfires and other storms too.

((all in need or not))
    ((Our Ka-Tet))
    ((Furryone too))

Placing sign in the Cantina window for Thursday morning

BUCKWHEAT and PYRO are in the HOUSE !!!

morning,Feeling a bit worn out today. Very hot and lots to get done. Hoping everyone is well and safe. Diffentily stay out of todays heat.

Had to stop in and say a quick hello. ( kids are in pool) It's a scorcher here at 100F. May you all stay safe in this horrible heat wave. I miss you all terribly. We are remodeling the house to try and sell it again. ( market stinks) I am exhausted between dong that, and keeping up with kids/dogs who never lose energy!! I haven't even had time to read.....shudders! Sending hugs, love and green lights to you all.