This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 197 of 368 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

(((((Tery's safe trip)))))

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

There have been a couple of programs on TV about this being the 20th anniversary of Hurricane Andrew. I was thinking about that storm and how much access to news (with internet etc) has changed in that short amount of time. Here is what I remember about that storm that made landfall approximately 125 miles South of me.

Most of the forecasts had Andrew making landfall in my town. So we made the preparations needed and waited for the storm. We were camped out in front of the TV that night waiting for the storm and it became apparent that the storm was going to make landfall South of us. We were relieved but it was still very close and we still expected hurricane conditions. Anyway, nothing much seemed to happen that night, not even much wind. I went to bed. I woke up at 6 the next morning expecting to be in a storm and it was calm outside. I turned on the tv and watched the Miami news (Miami is about 25 miles North of Homestead). The news guy was standing in the street in Miami and said something like, "it wasn't much of a storm." So I went to work thinking nothing had happened. We spent most of the day at work removing all of the hurricane preparations and getting ready to start up business again. I got home at 6 or so that night and flipped on the news totally unaware of the damage that Homestead had sustained the previous night. I saw a flattened Homestead on the news and was stunned because I thought nothing had happened. No one I came into contact with during the day seemed to know it either. Today, there is no way I could go through the day like that and not hear about that. The storm was so incredibly small in physical size, that early the next morning, even the people in Miami didn't realize what had happened just 25 miles South of them. It's hard for me to imagine now that I could go through an entire day and not hear about something like that just 125 miles away from me.

Good Monday, Everybody!

I pray everyone is safe, well or getting better.

I'm very happy to see everyone seems to be accounted for.

Thoughts, prayers, comfort and positive vibes to all in need or not.

(((((Florida and Gulf Coast states)))))
    ((((Lady Pain)))
    ((((Ms. Tery)))))

(((((SKMB members)))))

Hugs.

Peace.

LongTallSally Guest

I'll be signing paperwork on a place at lunchtime tomorrow... 1230 PST.

*bounce bounce bounce*

Wish I had more energy for more than three bounces, but I'll be out of here soon, and I can try to find what remains of my health then.

Yay!! Really great news, LadyPain!! I'll do some bounces here for you!

WOO HOO!!!

Now that's some of the best news I've heard today! May your move go smoothly and there be some safety and serenity in your life once you're in your new place and begin the new chapter in your life.

That is fantastic news, LadyPain. A new journey in your life, new hope and renewed health. Love and green lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    WOO HOO!!!

Now that's some of the best news I've heard today! May your move go smoothly and there be some safety and serenity in your life once you're in your new place and begin the new chapter in your life.
    Ditto! Make your life better LadyPain!!!!!!!! Do it!!!!!

too cool for school Ladypain..I hope as you move on in life,you will find peace and no need for anyone who hurts you,physically or mentally..it is just not acceptable or tolerable behavior,period,and I am so happy you are moving on!Good luck and be well..mjs9153

That is AWESOME! I predict that you will begin to feel a bit healthier soon; mental state has a huge impact on our bodies.

Please be very careful and aware during this part of the process. Some abusers don't take kindly to losing their victims.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.