Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 201

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 201 of 368 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Happy Friday!

What an emotional week this has been! It is amazing how quickly the kids adjust to new things, yesterday Ty went right inside his classroom with no hesitation whatsoever. I had to call him back to give me a goodbye hug. He was all smiles when we picked him up, too. He did say he used his kissing hand, though, so he must have missed me a little. He got a copy of a book called The Kissing Hand from his teacher on orientation day, the PTO provides them for all kindergarten students. It's a great little story about a baby raccoon who isn't so sure about going to school, and his Mama kisses him on the palm of his hand and tells him if he misses her during the day, just to rub his hand on his cheek, and remember Mama is always with him. So that has become part of our morning routine, I kiss him on the palm of his hand, and he kisses mine.

The older two, they are doing great, too. Ali is her usual outgoing self, she loves being in school. And Evan is enjoying 5th grade, they have a big field trip coming up already, on the 12th. Going to a camp and will spend 3 days and 2 nights there doing all sorts of outdoors stuff. He is looking forward to that, and has expressed interest in joining band.

Today will be my first day all by my lonesome, hubby is back at work. Probably a really good thing I have a million and one things to do today around the house!

Here are the kids' first day of school pictures!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Have a really wonderful weekend, enjoy the extra day if you get it off. Sending big hugs to all!!

awwwww....great looking kids, Tina. Glad to hear Ty is adjusting well to school.

So cute, Tina. They all look happy and content. You are a good mom and did a great job in preparing Ty for his first days at school. Now enjoy your day, and do something extra special just for you. (no, baking cookies for the children does not count)

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    awwwww....great looking kids, Tina. Glad to hear Ty is adjusting well to school.
    Thank you! We think they're pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    So cute, Tina. They all look happy and content. You are a good mom and did a great job in preparing Ty for his first days at school. Now enjoy your day, and do something extra special just for you. (no, baking cookies for the children does not count)
    Thank you, Spidey!! It looks like the first thing I need to do is wipe down that door the kids are standing in front of!! I don't dare bake cookies when I'm here by myself...they would be lucky to get any.

Thanks for posting, Catina! Unfortunately my workplace filters are blocking those pics, so I'll have to check them out when I get home.
    I love that "kissing hand" story, that is great! I'll keep that one in mind for when Addie is feeling lonesome.

Long weekend for me. Just doing some chores here and there, but mostly relaxing.

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.

Love and prayers going out to everyone.

Wishing everybody a fantastic weekend and holiday.
    Love and lights.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Thank you, Spidey!! It looks like the first thing I need to do is wipe down that door the kids are standing in front of!! I don't dare bake cookies when I'm here by myself...they would be lucky to get any.
    Ugh, those stupid doors are a pain. Magic Eraser to the rescue!

LongTallSally Guest

Got some cash in hand from the ministry. I'm waiting for a call back from the new landlady who will take my cash for a damage deposit AND rent. Hoping to arrange that ASAP and get it done.

I have assurances from the housing worker that I will get some subsidy to help with my rent until my PWD (Persons with Disability) classification goes through, that I will get some grocery store gift certificates to help with food and that there are hampers available. It'll also be easy enough to get my name off the title for the house, which I MUST do, and when all is said and done, I will be able to live much better eventually than I will for the next few months.

Stress levels are still pretty high here, but I am hanging in there.

I'll be off in the corner booth with a cup of earl grey tea and a big, fat cinny bun with cream cheese.