Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 220

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 220 of 368 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Happy Monday, errybody! Let's raise a glass to the idea that we are Getting It Done this week!

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Happy Monday, errybody! Let's raise a glass to the idea that we are Getting It Done this week!
    Well okay ya can count me in, but just as long as we're agreed, you know, that we're limiting it to just the dea of it

Happy Monday and welcome to October-- or so my calendar tell me. 90F for the afternoon is not October, even in FL.
    "Idea" is the key word, Todash. The intentions are good, but the will is lacking.
    Rain due in most of the week, so I'll tackle the TBR stack of books.
    Have a great day everyone. Herbal tea in hand and off to bean bag central. All are welcome to join.

(((all in need or not)))

Happy Monday!

I had quite the weekend. Saturday night, I was cooking supper, and had shoo'd the kids out of the kitchen, because I was making a pretty big dinner, and had all burners utilized on the stove, and I didn't want them in there around the stove. So they were busy in the living room, coloring and making behavior charts like what they have at school, and the next thing I know, Ali had chopped her hair off. One side was by her ear and the other side was even with her chin. She used the little kid scissors, with the blunt blades, and it was a chopped up mess. So I had no choice but to take her in yesterday and have her hair cut, they have pictures tomorrow. It's all gone. All her pretty long, curly hair. She has a very short, slightly beveled bob now. She seems to like her new haircut, but wants it to grow back fast. So I think a valuable lesson was learned. For me, too...I thought I was past the point of having to worry about what they did with their little scissors.

We are forecast to have our first snow on Friday. Only looking at a high of 40 on Friday. But then warming back up to almost 70 over the weekend.

Wishing everyone a very happy Monday, and a wonderful week. Sending big hugs!!

What is it about kids that they always seem to pick school picture day as the time around which they try new hair styles, face decoration with permanent markers, etc. that can't be fixed before the pics are taken?

All children seem to get this idea. When my daughter was little she pulled her long hair up over head and cut out the middle. That didnt even leave a nice fix. when done. The center of the top of her head hair had to grow out.
    Hope you have a wonderful week and everyone else too!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    What is it about kids that they always seem to pick school picture day as the time around which they try new hair styles, face decoration with permanent markers, etc. that can't be fixed before the pics are taken?
    I don't know who was more upset, her or me! When I told her we were going to have to get it cut short to fix it, she got worried that she would be bald like Daddy. He's not bald, but shaves his head. She was so nervous about going to school this morning, she didn't want to eat breakfast. But a couple of her little friends told her first thing how much they liked it, so that made it all better.

She did have enough of a ponytail left to donate to Locks of Love, so at least something good came of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Just mention 'school picture day' and I develope a cold sore on a lip! You could go back and look at all of my class pictures and see that in almost every one of them I have a cold sore. I hated when it was time for the pics. Ohhh, now I feel an itch on my bottom lip..........

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Well okay ya can count me in, but just as long as we're agreed, you know, that we're limiting it to just the dea of it
    Thank you Pat for the BEST Monday morning laugh in a long time!

Tina, Sending you tons of hugs. Glad Ali had a good day at school. ( poor little one) I have the most lovely Kindergarten picture where my daughter cut her bangs to her scalp. (We will see if I am tech savvy enough to scan and share it) Sending positive vibes and hugs to all Tet-Mates.