Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 227

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 227 of 368 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Hello, everyone! Welcome back Ms. Mod! Sorry I missed welcoming you back yesterday.

I have had the week from hell. My husband brought home a baby bull snake that he found at work about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I threw a fit, I didn't want it. I'm a farm girl, you know...we didn't keep snakes as pets. But, he got the snake a terrarium, the heat lamps, the whole nine yards, and the darn little thing was so docile he grew on me. Sunday night he got out of his tank. We can't find him. I have torn my basement apart, from top to bottom, I have looked every possible place to look and then looked some more and we can't find him. Set some water out yesterday all over hoping to draw him out, but so far that hasn't worked, so I'm going to have to try unthawing one of his feeder mice and see if the smell of that makes him come out. I hope one of the cats didn't get him. Maybe he's here in the Cantina with Buckwheat and Pyro.

So between tearing apart the basement and trying to clean it up, and looking and looking and LOOKING...my nerves are frazzled and shot, and then last night my SIL upset one of my kids and Mama Bear came out. I need a big cuppa calm and peaceful.

Anyway, that's my life this week! Phew, venting is good for the soul. Hope everyone else is having a wonderful week and sending big hugs and wishes for a great day.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Hello, everyone! Welcome back Ms. Mod! Sorry I missed welcoming you back yesterday.

I have had the week from hell. My husband brought home a baby bull snake that he found at work about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I threw a fit, I didn't want it. I'm a farm girl, you know...we didn't keep snakes as pets. But, he got the snake a terrarium, the heat lamps, the whole nine yards, and the darn little thing was so docile he grew on me. Sunday night he got out of his tank. We can't find him. I have torn my basement apart, from top to bottom, I have looked every possible place to look and then looked some more and we can't find him. Set some water out yesterday all over hoping to draw him out, but so far that hasn't worked, so I'm going to have to try unthawing one of his feeder mice and see if the smell of that makes him come out. I hope one of the cats didn't get him. Maybe he's here in the Cantina with Buckwheat and Pyro.

So between tearing apart the basement and trying to clean it up, and looking and looking and LOOKING...my nerves are frazzled and shot, and then last night my SIL upset one of my kids and Mama Bear came out. I need a big cuppa calm and peaceful.

Anyway, that's my life this week! Phew, venting is good for the soul. Hope everyone else is having a wonderful week and sending big hugs and wishes for a great day.
    I'm sure you'll find the snake soon. It will probably drop on you when you're in the shower.

Cat, Sending you big hugs and positive vibes. I hope you find the snake very soon. I'm telling you, the minute you decide to stop looking, he'll decide it's time to come out. ( that's what happened with the darn bullfrog. I looked for everywhere for two days!! Suddenly, he came hopping down the hallway)

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post

Try this link, Cat. Maybe it will help...

http://pet-snakes.com/help-snake-escaped

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Becks19 View Post
    Cat, Sending you big hugs and positive vibes. I hope you find the snake very soon. I'm telling you, the minute you decide to stop looking, he'll decide it's time to come out. ( that's what happened with the darn bullfrog. I looked for everywhere for two days!! Suddenly, he came hopping down the hallway)
    We have these nasty creatures called Cane (Buffo) toads and they are like gigantic mutant toads. They were imported here in the 30's to kill sugar cane grubs (Australia has a problem with these too and they were imported there for the same reason). The Cane toad killed cane grubs in a laboratory setting pretty well. Problem is when they were released into the sugar cane fields, it became apparent that this wasn't going to work very well since cane grubs can fly and a 10 pound toad can't. So we are stuck with a gigantic poisonous toad that nothing can kill.

Anyway, one night I heard this banging and could not figure out what it was. It sounded like someone knocking on a wall. It would go on for a while, then stop for a while and pick up again. It was driving me crazy and I couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from. It was so loud that I was looking for something large like the wind blowing something up against the house. I finally looked behind a chair and found this gigantic toad stuck in a corner repeatedly hopping up against the wall.

Hey folks, hope evryone is doing well. Things are good on the Calla, just going to grab a sweet tea and some cold pizza out of the fridge. Daughter gets married tonight.....so hard to believe, it all happens so fast.

Thank you, Frank...I have done most of that 10 times. Unloading all of my bookcases was particularly fun. I've moved everything, looked underneath, stripped the bed, moved the mattress and box springs. The freezer, the washer and dryer, every box I have stuff in, all the drawers of the dressers and underneath. I think I've made entirely too much noise looking, so I've been trying to keep things quiet, that only works while the kids are in school though! I have not looked upstairs at all, I don't know maybe I should. Darn little thing!

Fljoe...if he pops in on me in the shower, you'll probably hear me scream all the way down there in FL! I did get attached to him, but I definitely don't want him in the shower with me.

Thanks Becks for the vibes and hugs! Need em for sure.

Sending big hugs to you cat. The snake will show up when you least expect him.

Catina- I' d send Buckwheat and Pyro over to help, only that would be three snakes slithering about. Did oyu try the flour trick yet? Sending snake-dar vibes your way.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    We have these nasty creatures called Cane (Buffo) toads and they are like gigantic mutant toads. They were imported here in the 30's to kill sugar cane grubs (Australia has a problem with these too and they were imported there for the same reason). The Cane toad killed cane grubs in a laboratory setting pretty well. Problem is when they were released into the sugar cane fields, it became apparent that this wasn't going to work very well since cane grubs can fly and a 10 pound toad can't. So we are stuck with a gigantic poisonous toad that nothing can kill.

Anyway, one night I heard this banging and could not figure out what it was. It sounded like someone knocking on a wall. It would go on for a while, then stop for a while and pick up again. It was driving me crazy and I couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from. It was so loud that I was looking for something large like the wind blowing something up against the house. I finally looked behind a chair and found this gigantic toad stuck in a corner repeatedly hopping up against the wall.
    Ha ha!! Now, that's one toad that I don't want to pick up. I saw a documentary on those a while back. Prolific little things aren't they!!