This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 245 of 368 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Good Friday- a tad chilly in my parts at 36F/2C just before sunrise. Fear not, it's 80F/27C by noon. This is what FL nice in the winter.
    Tery, that sound like a plan. Go for it!
    Still many without heat and power in the Northeast. A better preparedness plan needs to be put in place.

Hot herbal tea and off to bean bag central. The fireplace looks welcoming today.

Have a safe and good weekend. Treat yourself and so something special.

((((all in need or not))))

Tery, I think that is a fabulous idea!
    If I was gonna get married again (which I'm NOT....not ever), I'd want you to officiate ♥

I agree with Ms. Mod. I say follow your desires Tery!

Good morning! I'm all messed up again, kept thinking yesterday was Friday, since it was Friday for hubby. Plus having the kids out of school, it's all combining to make me wonder where my mind went!

We are cold and foggy this morning, we have a snowstorm moving in tonight. Brutus! It looks like we will just be on the edge of it, so we won't get it as bad as those north of us in Montana, but we are still expecting near blizzard conditions. Have to go grocery shopping this morning, and get home. Hubby is leaving to go hunting, so need to get him out ahead of the storm.

Sending everyone hugs and warm vibes for the weekend! Stay safe!

Hope the worst of it will pass by you--stay safe, Tina!

Stock-up and stay safe Tina. Looks to be an interesting winter for the USA.

Stay safe all. When did we start naming every storm? I thought it was just supposed to be for hurricanes? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    Stay safe all. When did we start naming every storm? I thought it was just supposed to be for hurricanes? Just wondering.
    From my understanding NOAA handles the hurricanes. Which have always been named. When Sandy became non hurricane and superstorm, many at the National Weather Service felt people no longer felt they needed to be concerned about "just a storm". Thus they decided to start naming the winter storms, nor'eaters etc. Here is a link to further explain http://www.weather.com/news/weather-...aming-20121108

Basically, a name makes people take a "heads up" attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Hubby is leaving to go hunting, so need to get him out ahead of the storm.
    MMMMM - Moose burgers, Deer sausage, Rabbit stew! But seriously I think that is kinda neat. I ate deer sausage in Edmonton when I was the clerk for the military police. That was a first for me and I liked it. My father came from Quebec and they used to shoot a lot of game just to survive back in the old days. i.e. rabbit, venison, moose (seriously!) Even fox - but I think that was just to keep them out of the hen house. The fox fur wasn't much but they used the tail for decorating collars from what I understand. Well - enough of the memory lane. Enjoy the brisk weather and have a great weekend
    p.s. He also worked in a lumber camp - those days are gone now - it's all big business and they don't use horses to pull the logs out of the bush anymore (Sorry! looks like I am having a flashback here)

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    I may be wrong but I think they were going to call it Hurricane Sandy and then they downgraded it to a Super Storm or Major Storm or some kind of storm. Not a meteorologist. It did enough major damage that's for sure. Those poor people - just a couple of weeks until Thanksgiving, too.