Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 254

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 254 of 368 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

I hope that all of you had a terrific Thanksgiving/holiday break. Johanna, I am sorry to hear that your eye is giving you trouble again. May it feel better soon. LadyPain, Wonderful news on the restraining order. May your days be filled with peace, contentment and good health. Sending you strength, hugs and good vibes as you go through this round of chemo. It is catch up day for me as well, having the kids home is fun....but there was just no time to clean!! Wishing everyone a healthy, happy and wonderful week!!

Ah, I needed that break. I'm sure we all did. (And those of you not in the US, you should have totally taken the time off anyway!)

We're still waiting on the final report from my sister-in-law's doctors, and she starts radiation later this week; I'm thinking positive thoughts there, and I'll be sending her some blackberry chocolate cupcakes tomorrow, I think. Otherwise we have some struggles here, but in some ways things are looking up, and they could certainly be worse. So all in all I'm in pretty good shape.

Hugs and support to all who need it!

Glad to see you all here today. Thanksgiving was great. Glad to have my husband and son home for a couple days there.Hope we all have a great week ahead.

First day on the new job was great Welcome back everyone.

Hi All! Hope this finds you all in good health and spirits! Finally have two days off from the retail h*ll that is Black Friday weekend shopping. I am BEAT! I only managed to p*ss off one person this year, and that wasn't even deliberate. Guess she just didn't like my answer when she asked me a question and stormed off. Oh well......... Tonight I was taking some mail out to our mailbox to send along and was at the edge of my porch where the stairs are and darn if my foot didn't slip out from under me (there was a fine layer of frost on the porch) and down I went- plonk,plonk,plonk- down the three stairs on my right side, bounced my head off a solar light at the bottom. Landed on my right side, most of the weight went on my arm, so that's really sore now, and puffy at the elbow. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to put out my arm to stop my fall. I was wearing a pair of new slippers that I bought last week and as I was taking them off to investigate my ankle, which I hit on a riser, I saw that on each heel of the slippers there was a piece of clear tape (2 x 3 inches) stuck there! Who puts tape on the bottom of slippers???? What idiot slipper manufacterer came up with this stupid idea??? The soles of the slippers have ridges and whatnot to better grip so you don't slip or fall, so why have tape there? Stupid, stupid, stupid! Of course, I probably should have looked them over before putting them on and wearing them but who would think to look for something like that? That's like having to look for shards of glass protruding from a shampoo bottle before using it, I mean who does that? It's just not normal! I could've been paralized! I can feel my neck starting to stiffen up and my arm and side of my ribs is sore, so I'll probably be real stiff tomorrow (today, since this won't get posted till this morning). Got a scrape on the side of my head that connected with the solar light too. I am so thankful that this is all that happened tho. It could've been so much worse! On the bright side, I never let go of the mail I had in my hand!

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving? Mine was one of the best in years. Almost the whole family and no drama! Lots of good food and fun. Back to work and everday life again...

Good Tuesday to all. Much warmer here this morning at 54F. Going to see 80 today. Sending the warmth to those in need.
    Wow- seems to be slip and fall time. Please be extra careful. Full moon coming up too.
    Kingricefan- healing vibes. Tape on bottom of slippers, yep, crazy.
    Johanna, more healing vibes and hope the new med works for your eye.
    Not-nadine, wonderful that the new job is going well. Much success.
    Think I'll take my herbal tea over to bean bag central and chillax for awhile. All are welcome to join.

(((all in need or not)))

Happy Tuesday!

Been busy, busy here. Trying to catch up on day to day stuff around the house as well as do some deep cleaning, like wiping down walls and shampooing carpets. Not going as fast as I'd like, though.

I fell right on my hiney yesterday too, we had rain Sunday night and then it turned to snow, got about 4 inches. We were running errands, and I went right down on my butt in a parking lot. Sheesh. Nothing hurt but my dignity though.

Sending healing vibes to all who need them and good wishes to everyone! Have a great day.

Happy Tuesday Friends! Hope all is feeling well.
    Ouch Kingricefan it sounded that it really hurts. Hope you feel well soon.
    I had same incident earlier this autumn. When I had Crocodile Crocs on my
    feet and the stairs outside was wet. Yup same way down as you.
    My eye is feeling much better today and I was able to go to work. I think
    those new medicine I got help or at least I hope so.

Take good care of you and stay safe. Tomorrow they promised colder for us.
    Which can mean that winter is arrive.

((all in need or not))

Hi everyone, I had an unexpected day off yesterday, Addie had a nasty cold all weekend, and still was running a fever yesterday. Today she is still coughing but the fever seems to be under control, so I sent her to daycare and hope she can make it through her day.

Catina, my wife is a champ when it comes to falling on her butt in the snow...seems like it's not officially winter until she falls at least once!