Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 255

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 255 of 368 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Sorry to hear everyone is falling. Be careful. glad no one was hurt. Weather is getting colder and Iam turning up the heat. I call this my catch up weather. Cleaning, cooking, reading, basically anything I can accomplish inside. Hope everyone has a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Think I'll take my herbal tea over to bean bag central and chillax for awhile. All are welcome to join.
    I think I need to come chillax with you for a while Spidey.

Over the weekend I got an email from my Dad. A collection agency garnished his account and took over $6000 because of a debt they said I owed! It was not me!!! After some phone calls today and yesterday it turns out there is someone else with the same name as me that doesn't pay their bills. Luckily all it took was me telling the collection agency the last 4 digits of my social security number and that I had never lived in Arizona for them to believe it wasn't me. I don't know why they couldn't have figured that out before they took the money. Stupid.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week!

Quote Originally Posted by mstay View Post
    I think I need to come chillax with you for a while Spidey.

Over the weekend I got an email from my Dad. A collection agency garnished his account and took over $6000 because of a debt they said I owed! It was not me!!! After some phone calls today and yesterday it turns out there is someone else with the same name as me that doesn't pay their bills. Luckily all it took was me telling the collection agency the last 4 digits of my social security number and that I had never lived in Arizona for them to believe it wasn't me. I don't know why they couldn't have figured that out before they took the money. Stupid.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week!
    Ouch! Seems they didn't do enough research, eh! What a crazy mistake. I would be livid! How soon till your Dad gets his money back? I'd ask for interest, too!!

Not to be an alarmist, but you might want to keep an eye on your accounts for a while. That sounds a little fishy (and phishy) that they could somehow take money out of your dad's account for a debt that they claim you (even if it wasn't the right "you") owed. Did they have legal paperwork, i.e. court authority, to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by mstay View Post
    You should follow up with the three major credit agencies to make sure this isn't affecting your credit score, otherwise you'll get a nasty surprise next time you take out a loan. Trust me on this--I had the same thing happen to me, and I had to write a notarized letter stating a delinquent account was not mine, even though the account was opened 2 years before I was even born! Credit agencies are still in the stone ages, they go by same names even when the middle initial is different!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Not to be an alarmist, but you might want to keep an eye on your accounts for a while. That sounds a little fishy (and phishy) that they could somehow take money out of your dad's account for a debt that they claim you (even if it wasn't the right "you") owed. Did they have legal paperwork, i.e. court authority, to do that?
    That's exactly what I was thinking! How can it be legal to take money from somebody's account just because they're related to a person who "may" owe money, and without official documentation to authorise it?! That doesn't ring true to me. Hope you get it all fixed mstay, I'd hate to think you've somehow been scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Ouch! Seems they didn't do enough research, eh! What a crazy mistake. I would be livid! How soon till your Dad gets his money back? I'd ask for interest, too!!
    The lady was VERY apologetic and it sounded like he would get it back immediately. Thank goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I did think of that Marsha and I immediately pulled all of my credit reports and I am letting my bank know as well. They did have legal authority because there was a court order. And I am a signer on that account of my Dad's. They just picked the wrong Michelle. It just doesn't make sense to me that if it is that easy to correct the mistake why wasn't it that easy to get the right info the first time? Sheesh!

I guess I'll have to be on alert from now on. Now that I know there's more than one of me.

No one is hungry or thirsty today?

Just went grocery shopping. Still need to put them away...any volunteers?

I'll have a sandwich and a big Dr Pepper before I tackle all my chores for the day.

Have a happy Wednesday!!

LongTallSally Guest

I got a CD in the mail today from Europe. I'm rocking along with it, so I'll just take a couple of cans of Coke Classic. I wish I could have it for real, but alas, it doesn't like me anymore. Lots to do today, but there's some lemon cake in the fridge. It's got cream cheese icing on it. I'll leave the pan on the bar in here if anyone wants a piece.

The Ex-hole is still driving past my place, so I am still recording times for the lawyer. Also collecting video of him driving by for a DVD of his greatest hits for court. He always plays the same song over and over when he drives by, probably to announce himself, and to be sarcastic, judging by the song.

Ex-hole is a great term that I am going to steal right away from you, Ladypain! Good luck.