This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 265 of 368 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Hi All! Happy Tuesday! I hope this finds everyone in good health and spirits! Hugs to all who need them and it looks like some of our Ka-tet do need them. Take as many as you need to!! They're FREE and they'll keep you warm! Wish I had a magic wand that I could wave and make everyone's day/life free of any conflicts or misery....... Just watched the short video (on Lilja's site) of the Master at Lovell. Pretty cool! Haven't seen him read 'Afterlife' yet, gonna wait till the complete vid is up. Marsha- are you getting alot of snow?? Caught the tail-end of the news this morning and they were saying that the Northeast was getting smacked with snow? Be safe!!!! Everyone have a great day!!
    Guess we're too far north. The sun is shining and the sky is mostly blue with some puffy white clouds but no precipitation. Yesterday was nasty but only got maybe an inch of snow and then it turned to a mix of freezing rain and snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Guess we're too far north. The sun is shining and the sky is mostly blue with some puffy white clouds but no precipitation. Yesterday was nasty but only got maybe an inch of snow and then it turned to a mix of freezing rain and snow.
    I had the same thing here two days ago- sent it along your way- you're welcome!

Hope everyone is having a good day. The holiday season here is sad. Grand daughters back in DCS custody. Daddy left them alone. Court hearing coming up few days before Christmas. Hopefully Judge will rule in favor of a new start for the girls. How many rights should these parents now have.

(((Linda & family)))

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    This year there are three strains of flu going around that comprise about 90% of all flus presenting at doctor's offices and hospitals. One of them is H1N1, which is a fairly gnarly version of the flu. The good news: they guessed right on the vaccine (got all three in it!), so if you haven't gotten yours yet, I recommend getting it, especially if you are in a high risk group (the very young, the elderly, immunocompromised, asthmatic).
    Really? I did not get a flu shot this year as it seems like every single time I get one I get the flu! However, having just typed that it is funny but I have been pretty sick for about a month. I don't know which is the lesser of two evils. Maybe I will just let my own immune system fight it off for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Really? I did not get a flu shot this year as it seems like every single time I get one I get the flu! However, having just typed that it is funny but I have been pretty sick for about a month. I don't know which is the lesser of two evils. Maybe I will just let my own immune system fight it off for now.
    Yeah, my husband works for a hospital, and I guess they informed all their employees of this last week. Unfortunately the flu season is starting off early this year, too.

Happy Tuesday to all. Hope all stayed safe from the tornadoes.
    ((Tery)) I am so sorry for your loss but happy to hear about the writing thing.
    It's been cold today. Okay if you can call -6C cold.
    Stay safe and be well friends. Take good care of you too.

((all in need or not))

While scrambling eggs and listening to my live steaming liberal talk radio this morning, a commercial caught my attention. They were talking about how diabetics suffer from poor circulation and face amputation.
    I was taken aback for a horrible moment as I took them to mean that diabetes may cause people to actually have to have their faces amputated.
    It freaked me out a little bit but I'm better now.

Good Wednesday to all. Just to let you know: My router is having a fit and not staying connected. I am Ok as are the critters. But will be at least Saturday before I can get to store to replace. I'll try to get on as I can. Have a good day/week. Miss you all. Love and green lights!!

Happy Wednesday to all. I have been away for a while but just letting you know, you haven't been far from my thoughts. I have been spending most of my free time writing. One of the things I'm working on has had me crazy with it's level of difficulty. It just keeps getting bigger and more complex and I really don't know what to do other than just keep working on it until it makes sense.
    One of my friends have taken on the task of editing my work and she has been really patient with me about it and thank goodness for that because I has no formal training in grammar and what-not and I'd die of embarrassment to submit anything I wrote for publication if I had to submit it in the condition I'd leave things without her. That last run on sentence was an example of what madness I do!
    Being that she is using my work for her editing course, I am working on finishing a short story or two that have been floating around in my head.

There have been other things too that have been distracting me from hanging out here, but they are different stories best saved for some other time.... well there's that and the bath-salts, the running through the neighborhood parks naked frightening the children. That in it's self keeps one quite substantially sidetracked.

That all being said, I've missed being here A LOT.