Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 277

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 277 of 368 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

LongTallSally Guest

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

*wanders in for a five-shot latte with vanilla syrup in it*

Hi folks. I survived the holidays. I hurt my back Christmas morning before I even went to work so I am walking around kind of funny right now. It will get better, but it is going to take a while. Other than that, I got a mildly threatening letter from someone that I have arranged to show my lawyer. He can tell me if it's an illegal thing or not, I guess.

I'll be off in the corner today with my latte.

(((((LongTallSally)))))

Quote Originally Posted by king family fan View Post
    Good day to catch up on my computer. Mighty cold and everyone has the snuffles here.
    The 'snuffles'? We always called them the sniffles - but yours is cuter!

Happy Friday everyone and happy New Year once again, my dear friends.

Now, a rant that will interested nobody, but what the hell...
    -I feel awesome for no specific reason.
    -Have muscle pain all over my body, so no exercise today
    -Is it normal to drink 4 l ( a gallon ) of water a day like I do?
    -Love the snow.
    -New Tom Cruise movie "Jack Reacher" just might be the best action flick of 2012, highly recommended.
    -Novak Djokovic beat the crap out of David Ferrer on the tennis court today.
    -Reading in German continues to be super-awesome.
    -I think my daughter is coming down with a cold. Hope not, but my heart already aches. Nothing compares to the love of a parent for a child.
    -The new album by Flotsam and Jetsam " Ugly Noise" absolutely ROCKS!

Useless rant over.
    How is your Friday?

Good Friday to all. Last day on the SKMB until the New Year. Where did this one go? So many events, memories, losses.
    Have a grand weekend and a funfilled celebration on New Year's Eve. Stay safe!!!

Herbal tea in hand, heading for bean bag central and the warmth of the fireplace. All are welcome to join.
    Good to see you here again, Srbo. Hope the little one avoids getting that cold.

((((all in need or not))))

Srbo, four litres of water is an excessive amount to consume daily. People are under the misconception that drinking a lot of water is good for you no matter what...it's not. Too much water can dangerously lower your sodium levels, which is life threatening, and can also damage your kidney function if your kidneys can't work fast enough to absorb the water then filter the waste products for excretion. If you are drinking so much because you feel constantly thirsty then your doctor should run some blood tests to rule out any underlying conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Srbo, four litres of water is an excessive amount to consume daily. People are under the misconception that drinking a lot of water is good for you no matter what...it's not. Too much water can dangerously lower your sodium levels, which is life threatening, and can also damage your kidney function if your kidneys can't work fast enough to absorb the water then filter the waste products for excretion. If you are drinking so much because you feel constantly thirsty then your doctor should run some blood tests to rule out any underlying conditions.
    Thanks. But I also exercise and sweat like a maniac every day, so maybe I`m OK ?

Good Friday to everyone and hope all have a safe and happy New Year. Was
    thinking today and I don't have any really big highlights from this year except that I got my
    motorcycle license and a great bike to drive. But have been a good year anyway. As you said
    Spidey where this year go. Feels like it just began.

Good to have you back Srbo. Hope you daughter don't get the cold. And what Ally says, it's not normal to
    drink so much water of a day. You better check it up.

Hope all stay safe and healthy. Take good care of you too.

((all in need or not))

Wow hard to believe we are at the end of 2012. Been arough year. Hoping 2013 will be great for us all.
    Happy News years to all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Thanks. But I also exercise and sweat like a maniac every day, so maybe I`m OK ?
    I'm sure you are okay, but it won't hurt to get checked out if it's a thirst you can't control. If you are choosing to drink so much, though, then maybe you could work on gradually decreasing your intake? Exercising and sweating can affect your electrolyte levels, which could have an adverse effect on your internal organs, so working out a lot isn't necessarily a good thing. Too much fluid can be just as dangerous as too little so please be careful.