Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 281

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 281 of 368 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Upper 20s is sounding pretty good about now. The snow and chilly temperatures sure have me daydreaming about Arizona, though.
    I woke up this morning knowing I had to leave the house for an errand, so I pulled up my favorite weather app on my phone. I saw it was 27, and I thought first: oh, sweet, upper 20s! And then I thought, oh how sad that I think that is so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    Why must we live above the Carolinas after New Years? I think we should migrate like the Indians,geesh the canadian snowbirds got it right..just leave skeleton crews to take care of the maintenance and we all go to myrtle beach and golf..as I write this the temp is -5 in NNY.. listen,something someone wrote in the club groups,about newer members maybe being too forward had me thinking,I am sorry if I was too forward on finding this group back in early 2012..I think I was excited about finding people of a like mind,wit and way of looking at the world..if I was too annoying I am truly sorry..gee you should meet me in person, haha..just kiddin,enjoyed every minute of the last year,and hope I can continue to read your thoughts,hopes and dreams..cause that is what life is, after all,right? mjs9153
    Not annoying at all--to me, at least. It's partly personality-extrovert/introvert kind of thing--but also good to know new members can feel like they can contribute and not have to hold back waiting for permission from the regulars to post as they've created an environment where new members are welcome. Just don't make your first comment a bash or poster beware.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrl View Post
    Ms Mod, sounds like you oughtta be daydreaming about Alaska, considering the weather up here lately! Kodiak was in the upper 30's today...
    What makes it worse for me is that three years ago I came across a really good deal and bought a place in Arizona with the idea I'd have it come retirement time as that's where I've always wanted to do my snow bird thing. When there are these really cold days or when I'm driving on icy roads or dealing with snow, it's like that's taunting me knowing that I have a place to go to where it's warm and snow free but can't make use of it--na na na na na na, you caaan't be here yet! If I'd waited, though, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford a place there so have to suck it up and remind myself that good things come to those who wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I woke up this morning knowing I had to leave the house for an errand, so I pulled up my favorite weather app on my phone. I saw it was 27, and I thought first: oh, sweet, upper 20s! And then I thought, oh how sad that I think that is so awesome.
    I can soooo relate!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    What makes it worse for me is that three years ago I came across a really good deal and bought a place in Arizona with the idea I'd have it come retirement time as that's where I've always wanted to do my snow bird thing. When there are these really cold days or when I'm driving on icy roads or dealing with snow, it's like that's taunting me knowing that I have a place to go to where it's warm and snow free but can't make use of it--na na na na na na, you caaan't be here yet! If I'd waited, though, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford a place there so have to suck it up and remind myself that good things come to those who wait.
    How sweet it will be when it finally gets here.

Good morning! Just stopping by to wish everyone a really grand day and a great weekend. We are leaving early in the morning to visit my family. It will be a fast trip, just the weekend, but I haven't been home in a year and a half, so it's better than nuttin! I originally had planned to keep the kids out of school an extra couple of days, so we didn't have to rush, but that was before they all got so sick and missed so much school before break. So we will be back Sunday night, so they can go back to school Monday on time.

I'm going to have some of that nice coffee I see sitting over there...I'm out! Then I need to get busy. I'll pop in and out as the days and my list of things to do today allows.

Sending big hugs!

How sweet it will be when it finally gets here.
    I've been able to get out at least once a year for a couple of weeks so get my "fix" that way in the meantime but definitely gives me something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Good morning! Just stopping by to wish everyone a really grand day and a great weekend. We are leaving early in the morning to visit my family. It will be a fast trip, just the weekend, but I haven't been home in a year and a half, so it's better than nuttin! I originally had planned to keep the kids out of school an extra couple of days, so we didn't have to rush, but that was before they all got so sick and missed so much school before break. So we will be back Sunday night, so they can go back to school Monday on time.

I'm going to have some of that nice coffee I see sitting over there...I'm out! Then I need to get busy. I'll pop in and out as the days and my list of things to do today allows.

Sending big hugs!
    Hope you have a fabulous trip and safe traveling!

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

I said the very same thing here about our balmy almost 20 degrees this morning, well, after seein' the Maine weather report, that is...yeah that kinda confirmed my elation

I guess I should be thankful I don't live in northern Aroostook County, Maine where the temps were in the double digits below zero.

For Ms Mod and all in the cold upper northlands........

Attachment 16607

Stopping in to say a quick hello to my Tet-Mates!! I will be in and out today as I've got an injured dog that has to see a vet. ( I think he pulled/tore his shoulder muscle) Stay warm, happy and healthy everyone.