Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 282

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 282 of 368 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I guess I should be thankful I don't live in northern Aroostook County, Maine where the temps were in the double digits below zero.
    Yeah I saw something like 27 below or some such crazy nonsense goin' on up there..so of course I immediately took off me pants and with much gratefulness exclaimed, Ahhhhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    For Ms Mod and all in the cold upper northlands........

Attachment 16607
    Nice pic - I saved it in My Pictures. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Oh Neesy. I'm so sorry. I hope there's some way to make lemons from lemonade out of this ... but sometimes things just suck.

My worst trait is the disorganization that leads me to lose stuff like that. (Latest: misplaced husband's paycheck. Niiice, right?) I've come very close to keeping us from going on vacation a few times because of it.
    I know you have been waiting with bated breath () to find out how this all turned out so here goes... Guess what? I found the dam*n thing this morning. I got up at 4 a.m. and looked everywhere. It turned out to be rolled up into a scroll, inside a document protector and was sitting right by the main door on a book case kind of thing where we put a lot of stuff. The Pillsbury Doughboy (little pudgy rubber toy thingy) was actually guarding it he he he. I knew it was the original because of the raised font (in gold no less) on the letter from good ole Stephen Harper... I am so relieved I could just shout out loud. Maybe we'll take ourselves out for dinner tonight to celebrate! Yee haw!

p.s. I actually prayed last night about this. I think my deceased Mom had something to do with it because that toy belonged to her at one time. When I got it from their old house it was covered in nicotine and all brown so I put it in the window to bleach it. Oh My - Shades of the Twilight Zone by Rod Serling, eh?
    (Or maybe it was there all along and we just could not see it because we were looking for a flat piece of paper) i.e. hiding in plain sight

That's terrific news--hope you all now have a wonderful time celebrating such a significant occasion with/for your son!

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    I know you have been waiting with bated breath () to find out how this all turned out so here goes... Guess what? I found the dam*n thing this morning. I got up at 4 a.m. and looked everywhere. It turned out to be rolled up into a scroll, inside a document protector and was sitting right by the main door on a book case kind of thing where we put a lot of stuff.
    Oh, awesome! I was hoping for a last-minute save. (I do not love the stress of losing things, but I have become very fond of the last-minute save.)

Want to wish everyone a safe and great Thursday.

Is someone freezing. Marsha? We had couple of weeks ago -22F (-30C) and I also heard that
    in our neighboring country Sweden they had even up to -34F (-37C) little to cold for my taste. It's been warmer up here in
    north now. Only 30F (-1C) snowed last night too so the ground is white again. Wish that the super cold not return. Hope it
    get warmer in Maine soon too and in other places as well. Thanks Spidey we really need that.

That's good news Neesy. Happy for you and your family.

Take good care and be well friends. Stay safe too.

((all in need or not))

Neesy - right ON!!! I' m so happy for you!

Another fun day in store here in Kodiak...class all day, crab ID, more funny Deadliest Catch video clips, that sorta thing. I can't wait to be back at sea...

Coffee, please. LOTS of coffee.

I must be an optimist, this morning I stepped outside into 9 degrees and thought "at least it's not windy!"

Happy Thursday!
    Here I've been, complaining about the weather in Colorado when it appears it is much colder in other places. It's been in the 20's or a bit below mostly since Christmas Eve. It's nice to see all of the positive attitudes from others here. You've made me feel better, Thanks!
    Life continues to be trying around here. It makes every day better to have this place to come to. I love all of you!
    I hope that you are all doing as well as you can.
    Take care of those you love!

Sending love, hugs, good vibes, and whatever else might be needed....
    ((((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Oh, awesome! I was hoping for a last-minute save. (I do not love the stress of losing things, but I have become very fond of the last-minute save.)
    It would have cost money to replace that certificate (naturally) so whew! What a relief. He is now responsible for his own document. He can apply for a Canadian passport after all. I was gonna suggest going out for dinner but the chef can just make us some chicken a la king tonight. He makes a very good one! Re: the weird sort of suggesting that supernatural forces had something to do with it, I think just reading Stephen's book Danse Macabre at the moment is making me believe in ghosties ha ha