Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 283

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 283 of 368 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

what a day, what a week, sure hope its no sign on the year ahead. Hope all are well.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Yeah I saw something like 27 below or some such crazy nonsense goin' on up there..so of course I immediately took off me pants and with much gratefulness exclaimed, Ahhhhhhh!
    What did you do after you took off your pants? (If I may ask?) oops - maybe that is the wrong smiley. I can't remember if PatInTheHat is a male or a female!

Quote Originally Posted by king family fan View Post
    what a day, what a week, sure hope its no sign on the year ahead. Hope all are well.
    Nah - It's just a weird way to start off the New Year. I should know better with that husband of mine anyway. I think he leaves too much stuff up to me (in the organization and filing of paper type of thing, anyway).
    No major floods, tsunamis, major fires or epidemics of foot and mouth disease yet, so things are looking up for the majority of us! Keep your fingers crossed

Ok,the new year is past,the holiday rush is over,so thinking about seeing the Hobbit tomorrow..having been a JRR Tolkien freak as a kid,(probably read bilbo's,frodo and sam's adventures twenty plus times over) am hoping it will be good.I think likely so,cause the job that was done by the peter jackson team on the lotr series was so good..may you have a good day today,and a pleasant tomorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Not annoying at all--to me, at least. It's partly personality-extrovert/introvert kind of thing--but also good to know new members can feel like they can contribute and not have to hold back waiting for permission from the regulars to post as they've created an environment where new members are welcome. Just don't make your first comment a bash or poster beware.

What makes it worse for me is that three years ago I came across a really good deal and bought a place in Arizona with the idea I'd have it come retirement time as that's where I've always wanted to do my snow bird thing. When there are these really cold days or when I'm driving on icy roads or dealing with snow, it's like that's taunting me knowing that I have a place to go to where it's warm and snow free but can't make use of it--na na na na na na, you caaan't be here yet! If I'd waited, though, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford a place there so have to suck it up and remind myself that good things come to those who wait.

I can soooo relate!
    I saw what you did there, Marsha, ya snuck that 'r' word in there, thinking we wouldn't catch it!! Now I can't put in the bug- eye emoticon followed by the heart-eyed one 'cause there's too many of 'em here already!!!

A couple of days late but...

Been busy writing - I will try to pop in more

LongTallSally Guest

*wanders in at 0341, unable to sleep after another long day*

Hi folks. I've had a lot to do and I'm a little burned out. I'll be off in the corner with a cup of tea and a novel. Maybe I'll sleep later on.

*heads off into the corner, looking for a bean bag to land on*

Good Friday to all. Just feels like it's been a strange week. Hope life gets back to a normal pace soon. Dank, and plain yucky here today, at 55F. Rains due for most of the weekend. As a wise lady once said- you don't have to shovel rain!

Good to see you Tery. Have a safe and good weekend everyone. Take time to enjoy life.
    Herbal tea in hand and off to bean bag central. HI, Long TallSally you sure do look comfy.

(((((all in need or not))))))

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    ...What makes it worse for me is that three years ago I came across a really good deal and bought a place in Arizona with the idea I'd have it come retirement time as that's where I've always wanted to do my snow bird thing. When there are these really cold days or when I'm driving on icy roads or dealing with snow, it's like that's taunting me knowing that I have a place to go to where it's warm and snow free but can't make use of it--na na na na na na, you caaan't be here yet! If I'd waited, though, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford a place there so have to suck it up and remind myself that good things come to those who wait.

I can soooo relate!

One of my pet peeves when I lived in Wisconsin and then Michigan was having to scrape ice off the windshield (no garage or carport in WI and wife had garage in MI). Once or twice I didn't have a scraper and had to use a credit card! And I would seem to forget I needed to add the extra five to twenty minutes to my travel time. And in MI I parked in the street and would always be seriously snowed in. There I would be, trying to be a good citizen and go to work while all the elements, including snow plows, were trying to prevent me.

I live in Georgia now. I believe Maine, New York, the North Pole, and so on are anti-human environments.

"Hi folks. I've had a lot to do and I'm a little burned out. I'll be off in the corner with a cup of tea and a novel. Maybe I'll sleep later on"

Hey there - what novel are you reading? Of course you may not see this post as it is now 0947 where I am so you could have fallen asleep by now! Keep your head up - things will get better