This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 286 of 368 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Well, I made it back, 2 ays in a row!! Thanks so much for all the good wishes and comfort sent, it is much appreciated! Today was back to work day, and I tell you, it's a lot better being home! But, I am thankful I have a job, so many people are struggling. The weather here is nice, cool and very windy, but I think we might be in for some rain later in the week! Hope everyone has a nice week, and I'll try to make it back soon!! <3

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    That drives me nuts when I see things like to instead of too in my posts. (And I see those things far two much to )

Got my flooring project done and it came out pretty good (considering I did it myself) I'll give it a few months before I start patting myself on the back, however. I ended up replacing a toilet while I was at it. When I was doing the flooring, I discovered a problem with the toilet so that came out. These projects never seem to have stopping places , do they?
    What is it with toilets and our members of the SKMB? Seems like every other month someone has a problem with theirs....... Just saying. Now I've gone and cursed myself, I'm probably going to be next!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Hi guys...just me again! I noticed I typed "to" instead of "too" in my earlier post this morning. I do know the difference!

Guess the microwave is going to wait another day, hubby changed out the stupid fan in the bathroom while I was running errands, and now he's done for the day. No sense (I almost typed since, sheesh I need to take a nap I think!) risking further aggravation!

((((Becks and Ace))))

((((Sher))))
    Hey, Cat, hubbies need to take baby steps!!! Just by fixing that bathroom fan he won't need to do another thing for at least a week (in his mind, anyway)!!!!

Good Tuesday to all. Going to have a heatwave in Fl this week. Hitting the 80F plus. Beach weather?
    Lot's of members with sick critters this week, so more healing vibes. I've got one off to the vet today too.

Wild fires once again in Australia. Their summer months can be dry and brutal. Rain dance!
    Herbal Chai tea in hand and off the bean bag central. All are welcome to join.

(((( all in need or not, their families, friends and furryones))))

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    What is it with toilets and our members of the SKMB? Seems like every other month someone has a problem with theirs....... Just saying. Now I've gone and cursed myself, I'm probably going to be next!!!!!
    These things are contagious. It's like at work when one truck has a brake problem, all the rest of the trucks catch it.

One thing about these new toilets I bought is that my aqua footprint is smaller now. I can't believe how little water they use. I replaced some pretty old toilets and they were real water hogs.

Hey, Cat, hubbies need to take baby steps!!! Just by fixing that bathroom fan he won't need to do another thing for at least a week (in his mind, anyway)!!!!
    I know!! I could have cared less if he replaced that fan, the noise they make is the most annoying sound in the world to me. When he starts talking about doing stuff like that, I just want to go somewhere else. It just pushes his buttons. It can go completely right, and it still makes him grumpy. Probably because he spends all day at work fixing equipment.

The microwave is the big plan for today. Tonight Evan has his first band concert. He is nervous. He is the only alto sax in his class, but it will be combined with the 6th grade, so I'm sure there will be more saxophones. I forgot this morning when I took my shower and just pulled my hair in a ponytail...oh well. I need a haircut in the worst way.

Sending big hugs and wishes for a wonderful Tuesday!

This reminds me to call the plumber. Or maybe I can fix it myself. I've fixed toilets before, replaced the innards.

Quote Originally Posted by SherLynn View Post
    Well, I made it back, 2 ays in a row!! Thanks so much for all the good wishes and comfort sent, it is much appreciated! Today was back to work day, and I tell you, it's a lot better being home! But, I am thankful I have a job, so many people are struggling. The weather here is nice, cool and very windy, but I think we might be in for some rain later in the week! Hope everyone has a nice week, and I'll try to make it back soon!! <3
    Hi there SherLynn, I am glad to see you're back to work. When my elderly father had Alzheimer's and I was taking care of him I could not go to work (I tried but I was so worried about him being at my house with Home Care). After he passed on I think I may have gone back a bit too soon, but eventually I managed to adapt to a work routine.
    I hope that all goes well for you and that keeping busy at your job helps. Green lights all the way

These things are contagious. It's like at work when one truck has a brake problem, all the rest of the trucks catch it.

One thing about these new toilets I bought is that my aqua footprint is smaller now. I can't believe how little water they use. I replaced some pretty old toilets and they were real water hogs.
    When we got our upstairs toilet replaced (back in October 2012) the plumber actually came back two days later and replaced it with a bigger one i.e. kind of an industrial flush one. It still does not use a lot of water but man can that thing flush! They have some now from Australia with a 4 inch bore (?) I think it's called a bore - gosh hope I am not being a bore! Anyway we are looking at having the downstairs one upgraded as well. As far as the aqua footprint - hmmm I think Dave Barry wrote something once about the difference between how much water Canadians can flush vs. Americans (I think!) I'll have to look it up as a lot of his stuff was pretty funny. He was in that Band - the Rock Bottom Remainders with Stephen (am I allowed to call him that?). Unlike some crazies out there (Ms Marsha can tell you about those) I do not feel I know him personally. Anyway - happy flushing fljoe0!

You can save even more water by filling a plastic 1/2 gallon milk (or juice) jug with water, cap it and then place it in your toilet tank away from any of the plumbing stuff inside. It works in mine and I have the satisfaction of knowing that I am helping conserve water just by flushing my toilet.