Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 287

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 287 of 368 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Hi All! Not much going on today. We have about 6-7 inches of snow on the ground right now, but it's supposed to warm up to the upper 30's today so it should start to melt away soon. Last night we had rain/snow mix so everything was wet and of course last night it dipped down below freezing so everything is covered in ice! Good thing I don't work today! I hope everyone is doing well, seems like there's not too many bad-gunky things going on in our Ka-tet, let's all hope it stays that way. I wish you all a wonderful day filled with lots of laughter, love and hugs! Mostly the hugs- one can never get enough of those, right? Enjoy the day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    This reminds me to call the plumber. Or maybe I can fix it myself. I've fixed toilets before, replaced the innards.
    We have to replace the innards on one of ours too! I hope it's something we can do ourselves.

I hope this week is good to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    You can save even more water by filling a plastic 1/2 gallon milk (or juice) jug with water, cap it and then place it in your toilet tank away from any of the plumbing stuff inside. It works in mine and I have the satisfaction of knowing that I am helping conserve water just by flushing my toilet.
    Not sure I would try that in one of the newer toilets ... those suckers already look like they're only using about a teacup full of water. I don't know that I'm willing to risk a plumbing emergency.

Just in case any of you are concerned: all of my toilets appear to be in working order.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

About a week or so ago, disaster was narrowly averted at my mom's house. Mom and her husband went away for a week and I usually keep their dog and go over there and check on things once a day when they are gone. I went over to her house and went inside to make sure everything was ok. I usually do a quick walk-through and leave. This time when I went over, I had to use the bathroom and when I did, the toilet wouldn't flush (they are on a septic system). I was trying to figure out what the trouble was and I went into a bathroom in a different part of the house and found a toilet that was stuck open and running. Thank goodness they have a good drain field because that toilet had been running since they left, about 30 hours. If it would have run much longer, there would have been a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by mstay View Post
    We have to replace the innards on one of ours too! I hope it's something we can do ourselves.

I hope this week is good to everyone!
    Hardware stores carry the innards. I hope Lowe's or Home Depot or Ace have the old-fashioned kind.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    About a week or so ago, disaster was narrowly averted at my mom's house. Mom and her husband went away for a week and I usually keep their dog and go over there and check on things once a day when they are gone. I went over to her house and went inside to make sure everything was ok. I usually do a quick walk-through and leave. This time when I went over, I had to use the bathroom and when I did, the toilet wouldn't flush (they are on a septic system). I was trying to figure out what the trouble was and I went into a bathroom in a different part of the house and found a toilet that was stuck open and running. Thank goodness they have a good drain field because that toilet had been running since they left, about 30 hours. If it would have run much longer, there would have been a disaster.
    Yikes! I hope they don't get any rain for a while.

Happy Tuesday.
    I hope everyone is having a good week and continues to do so. The weather is much nicer here so far this week...50's instead of 20's. Well, until Friday when it's supposed to snow again. Hoping for not very much. I don't like snow.

So, is the the toilet thread today? I have issues with both of the toilets in my house. One will not stop running unless you mess with it, and the other one leaks. It needs it's innards replaced. I have the stuff, just can't get my husband to fix it. (That's a whole different story). We have one of those countertops that goes across the wall over the tank, so the whole tank needs to come off to fix it. I guess I may have to attempt it myself. I'll bet I can do it.

Take care of those you love. Do something nice for someone today.
    Sending love, hugs, good vibes, and whatever else anyone needs....
    (((((((Everyone))))))))

Quote Originally Posted by DebA913 View Post
    Happy Tuesday.
    I hope everyone is having a good week and continues to do so. The weather is much nicer here so far this week...50's instead of 20's. Well, until Friday when it's supposed to snow again. Hoping for not very much. I don't like snow.

So, is the the toilet thread today? I have issues with both of the toilets in my house. One will not stop running unless you mess with it, and the other one leaks. It needs it's innards replaced. I have the stuff, just can't get my husband to fix it. (That's a whole different story). We have one of those countertops that goes across the wall over the tank, so the whole tank needs to come off to fix it. I guess I may have to attempt it myself. I'll bet I can do it.

Take care of those you love. Do something nice for someone today.
    Sending love, hugs, good vibes, and whatever else anyone needs....
    (((((((Everyone))))))))
    One of my close friends has a condo and that's how her countertop is- all the way across the wall and covering the toilet top. Who the heck ever thought up this brilliant idea? How is one supposed to even fix the toilet without doing major-MAJOR plumbing repairs???? (this is where that slapping-forehead emoticon would come in handy!)

LongTallSally Guest

*wanders in for a flat ginger ale* Not feeling that well and considering that I am still feeling a little green around the gills, my bathroom comment will remain as 'got a super close look at a nice clean toilet'. I'll be slumped in a bean bag chair in the corner today hoping to upgrade to soup or something by the end of the day.