Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 292

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 292 of 368 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Good Tuesday to all. Weather continues warm, but cooler temps due in end of week. Hope everyone is being of good health and feeling groovy.
    Herbal iced tea in hand and off to bean bag central. All are welcome to join.

(((((All in need or not))))

Happy Tuesday!

Not much happening here today, which is nice. We are supposed to see low 30s today, with some scattered snow and wind...always the wind. Our road has reopened, so that's good!

Going to cheat and just reheat some cabbage buns for dinner tonight that my sister, my mom and I made while I was home visiting. All I'll have to do is make the cheese sauce.

Sending hugs and wishes for a wonderful day!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    ...some cabbage buns
    Some what now??

Happy Tuesday!

Not much happening here today, which is nice. We are supposed to see low 30s today, with some scattered snow and wind...always the wind. Our road has reopened, so that's good!

Going to cheat and just reheat some cabbage buns for dinner tonight that my sister, my mom and I made while I was home visiting. All I'll have to do is make the cheese sauce.

Sending hugs and wishes for a wonderful day!
    Is that anything like runzas? I need to think of something good to make ... was going to make chicken Cordon Bleu, but my hubby stayed home sick. I will probably do something easier on his stomach.

Happy Tuesday to everyone. Hope all is feeling well too.

Again tomorrow and Thursday off. Now I really have some guilty conscience, but I am not the
    one who do our roster so I should be happy and take it as it comes. My boss have
    been in bad temper the whole day and I've try to avoid her. I think I know why she is not so happy now

I was off on Saturday and Sunday and my boss called me
    on Sunday and asked if I want to come to work, co worker sick again and I said no, so my boss
    had to go instead.
    and that's why I feel guilty to be off again.

Weather is still same. Snow and cold.

Please be safe and take good care everyone. Don't overdo in the heat or freeze in the cold.

Tina I also had some baking enthusiasm this evening and bake a tasty good Finnish cake.

((all in need or not))
    ((our Ma-Tet))

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo87 View Post
    My boss have
    been in bad temper the whole day and I've try to avoid her. I think I know why she is not so happy now

I was off on Saturday and Sunday and my boss called me
    on Sunday and asked if I want to come to work, co worker sick again and I said no, so my boss
    had to go instead.
    and that's why I feel guilty to be off again.
    If your boss is unhappy with anybody it should be the person who has been on sick. Although really, she shouldn't even take that personally or have a bad attitude about it. If somebody is genuinely sick then they can't work. Simple as that. Your boss needs to be a bit more professional by the sound of it, and her bad moods should not be allowed to dictate whether the staff are comfortable being around her. You have no reason to feel guilty, so you need to stop that right away! You're not the one causing staff shortages, you are performing your allocated work hours every week and do not need to feel pressurised into doing more. As an employee it is not your responsibility to worry about staff shortages, your manager is paid more money to do that so leave her to get on with it. If she knows you feel guilt she will likely pressurise you further to work, so just say NO!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Some what now??
    Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Is that anything like runzas? I need to think of something good to make ... was going to make chicken Cordon Bleu, but my hubby stayed home sick. I will probably do something easier on his stomach.
    Yep, Todash, just like runzas.

Ally, cabbage buns are just ground beef, with some onions and peppers and cabbage cooked with it, wrapped in dough and baked.

I always hated them growing up, I hated, hated, hated them. It would irritate my Grandpa to no end...he always told me I couldn't be a good German if I didn't eat cabbage buns. But, it wasn't so bad when we had them when I was visiting, that was the first time I'd had them in probably 20 years. The cheese sauce helped. And my husband loves them, and now that I've made them, I'll be expected to make them more.

Johanna, no guilt is needed. This was you special B'day weekend and you had plans. It isn't your fault someone got sick. And yes, sick employees should stay home. It's the responsibility of your boss to have sufficient staff and if not, then being the boss, she should take up the place of the sick employee. Enjoy your days off. I read how you are always offering to come in for those who are sick. It's time for you to enjoy a good book and relax.

Ally, cabbage buns are just ground beef, with some onions and peppers and cabbage cooked with it, wrapped in dough and baked.
    Hmm, I've never heard of them, but I like all of the ingredients so I would like to try them.
    Send me the recipe. Pronto!

Pretty please.

Here's a recipe...

GRANDMA'S CABBAGE BUN'S
    1 pkg. frozen bread dough
    2 lb. hamburger
    1 head cabbage, shredded
    1 onion, finely chopped
    Salt and pepper to taste

Defrost bread dough. Brown hamburger, onion, salt and pepper. Add cabbage, cook until tender. Use raw dough and roll out a round section of dough about 1/4 inch thick by 4 inch diameter. Place filling into dough and fold over and pinch together. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.

This one says to use frozen dough, I think that would work fine. We use Pillsbury Dough Mix to make the dough. When the dough is all rolled out, cut into 4 inch squares, and put a hefty spoonful inside. Pull the opposite corners of the squares together and pinch closed, and when they are done baking, they look pretty. I would say 30 minutes is probably good for baking them, 40 sounds like too long to me.

Can serve with or without the cheese sauce, we just use Velveeta and Wondra flour, little bit of milk to make that. And this recipe doesn't have green peppers, we used some of those along with the onions and cabbage.