This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 303 of 368 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Wishing everyone a fun, safe, and happy day. I've been so busy lately it is unreal. I miss everyone, and hope to have sit and relax with all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Good Thursday!

Yesterday, one of the stops I needed to make was the ATM. We stopped there, I handed my debit card to Brandon, and then sat there, not able to remember my pin number. I have had the same pin number for a long time, and all of a sudden it was just gone. We tried different numbers until I was afraid the machine would keep my card...so I went inside the bank, made my withdrawal and then changed my pin. Then when I tried to use my card at the grocery store, it wouldn't go through with the new pin number. AAARGH!

Called the bank when we got home, and they told me it should have been long enough for the change to take effect in the system and to try it again, if it doesn't work, I'll have to go change the pin yet again. I tell you, some days I wonder about my brain...I still cannot remember what that stupid number was!

Still snowing here today! It will be a brisk walk to school this morning.

Sending hugs and wishes for a great day! Friday is almost here!
    A similar thing happened to me. I had a combination lock, a Master Lock you know, for I guess about a year, which guarded books and literature in a file cabinet. Every Monday I'd open the cabinet, get the stuff and set up for a weekly meeting I volunteered to help with. One Monday the number wasn't there, in my head I mean. Or it still was, just differently, and while the difference was interesting it wasn't good enough. I realized that I'd forgotten the combination, and that it was gone forever. I couldn't accept this though and continued pretending what the number was, as if going through the motions of remembering might be good enough to appease the brain god(s). I wonder if had I time to relax, take a short nap, eat something, drink something, the memory might have returned. Nah, it were gone, plain gone. I had to bust the lock open with an implement of destruction--the base of a mike stand--which was fortunately at hand.

The instability of memory is a scary thing. I mean, what if you're driving along and out of the blue you can't remember how to put on your makeup?

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    The instability of memory is a scary thing. I mean, what if you're driving along and out of the blue you can't remember how to put on your makeup?
    I bet most guys worry about that!

I don't worry about much, but it does slightly panic me when I get that mental block and can't remember the most simple of things. I know it's not recommended but now I keep all of my pin codes the same, whether it's for my bank cards, phone, iPad...otherwise I would forget them all.

Forgetting is very scary. For memory loss whats that. I keep all my pin numbers the same as well. I guess if someone gets into one thing that got it all.

Shoe cupcakes!

Have a great weekend all y'all.

Friday at last and a new month too. Hope everyone is well and tolerating the weather. Just be safe!
    Big sports weekend/ football bowl and puppy bowl. Enjoy. Have a good weekend!! Don't forget Groundhog Day is tomorrow!!
    Cold snap is back, 30's at night, but the sun is trying for 70 today. Fireplace in the cantina looks very inviting.
    Warm herbal tea in hand and off to bean bag central. All are welcome to join.

((((all in need or not))))

Oh, Patricia A, that was wrong. Very, very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Oh, Patricia A, that was wrong. Very, very wrong.
    No, that's what it says...

Good whatever everyone!! I wanted to stop in and wish you all a wonderful, fun and safe weekend. Bitterly cold here, Spidey the fireplace and beanbag sounds like heaven. I am on my way!! Tina, I always suffer from CRS...( can't remember poop)!! I think my husband is worse though!! When we are out somewhere, ordering pizza etc... and my husband is asked what his phone number is..the KIDS have to tell whoever is asking the# because he does not know!!! MadamMack, Those shoe cupcakes are adorable.....too good looking to eat!! Patricia, that is just so cute, I can't take no moe!! Hugs, love and puppy kisses to you all!!