This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 306 of 368 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Love is grand, Cloud 9 is a great place and love is just the ticket to you there! Right on JoJo. Getting paid to do something you love, then going to Disneyland is fanfreakingtastic Tery. And tea, well tea is beautiful and so are you Spideyann. Have the best Tuesday ever y'all.
    I'll be at the bar with a pot o' black Joe watching C-SPAN, refusing to give in to cynicism.

Yes, I watch C-Span, as well. However, don't throw rocks at the cynicism ... but, now that everyone knows they're on C-Span I think it changes the view.

Good Wednesday, Pizza Day and mid week all rolled into one day! Hope all are tolerating the weather patterns. Warmth returns at 60F this morning and 80F my afternoon. Bottle of sunshine on the counter for those in need. Saving a pizza for Cowboy!

So glad you are back with us, Patricia. And I hear Siggy has the use of an ipad.

Need coffee this morning, stayed up too late. Off to bean bag central. All are welcome to join.

((((all in need or not))))

Stopping in to wish you all a fun, safe and happy day. If I am not on here too much in the next few days, it's because I have the cold from Hades!! Sending you all of my love and cyber germ fee hugs!!!

Wonderful Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    This requires drugs which I have none of.
    Love is the drug blunty! It's great because it's free and legal in any quantity and requires no prescription and you can get it anywhere. (As a matter of fact I'm sending you some right here, right now) It is however highly addictive, it also has a lot of side effects but they are all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha_ View Post
    Yes, I watch C-Span, as well. However, don't throw rocks at the cynicism ... but, now that everyone knows they're on C-Span I think it changes the view.
    I always throw rocks at cynicism. It's what I do. It's part of my DNA. Cynicism leaves no room for hope or miracles and I can't abide it in my life. I am a practitioner of healthy skepticism though, and take most of what I hear with a grain of salt. I compare words to actions to see for myself if they match. C-SPAN is often the first stop in these fact finding forays. I have always loved rooting out the truth of people and things. Joe Friday was one of my childhood heroes (Google Dragnet if you have never heard of him).
    I once had a very tricksy ex-husband who hated that about me.

Soooo, anyhow. I'll have some more of that fair trade, shade grown, fresh fine ground bean, medium roast Colombian ol' black Joe up here at the boob-tube bar. I'm sending healing vibes and tender care to LTSally's cousin and to everyone in need or not.

Happy Wednesday to all! Hope everyone is having a good week.

Patricia, yes, healthy skepticism is the best way to go! I agree.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I'm always amazed at the severe lack of math skills out there. I was in Wal-Mart last night and in a hurry to get out. The guy in front of me was checking out and had 36 cans of cat food. He had 12 stacks, 3 cans high. When the cashier got to the cat food, he looked at it and then asked the customer how many cans he had. The customer didn't know so the cashier started counting the stacks and attempted something resembling multiplication. He was getting nowhere, so I said, "there are 36 cans." He gave me a blank stare and continued his strange math. This was going nowhere so I repeated, "there are 36 cans." He didn't want to take my word for it so he finally decided to count them individually. He came up with 36 and then looked at me and said, "your good." I said, "oh, it was just a lucky guess."

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Wonderful Wednesday!

Love is the drug blunty! It's great because it's free and legal in any quantity and requires no prescription and you can get it anywhere. (As a matter of fact I'm sending you some right here, right now) It is however highly addictive, it also has a lot of side effects but they are all good.
    Hey, I just got hit by a big pile of love right in my kisser! I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I'm always amazed at the severe lack of math skills out there. I was in Wal-Mart last night and in a hurry to get out. The guy in front of me was checking out and had 36 cans of cat food. He had 12 stacks, 3 cans high. When the cashier got to the cat food, he looked at it and then asked the customer how many cans he had. The customer didn't know so the cashier started counting the stacks and attempted something resembling multiplication. He was getting nowhere, so I said, "there are 36 cans." He gave me a blank stare and continued his strange math. This was going nowhere so I repeated, "there are 36 cans." He didn't want to take my word for it so he finally decided to count them individually. He came up with 36 and then looked at me and said, "your good." I said, "oh, it was just a lucky guess."
    That happens on the west coast of Fl too!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    You should watch them try to give back change- it's amazing! It's like the time when I sold shoes and a group of late teen/early twenties guys came in. One of them picked up a shoe that was originally $80 and was on sale for 25% off. He turned to me and asked me how much it would be. Before I could reply one of his buddies said 'Dude, you're in college!' and then they all started laughing. Good Lord, what are(n't) they teaching kids these days????

Placing sign in the Cantina window for Thursday morning............

Buckwheat and Pyro are in the House !!!!