This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 322 of 368 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

To Patricia:

This recipe is called "Knock You Naked Brownies" I found it when searching for a classic brownie recipe... To tell you the truth, the simpler the recipe the better (I have found) but this one sounds kinda interesting if you do not mind using a cake mix!
    Ingredients

• 1 box (18.5 Ounce) German Chocolate Cake Mix (I Used Duncan Hines)
    • 1 cup Finely Chopped Pecans
    • 1/3 cup Evaporated Milk
    • 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk (additional)
    • 1/2 cup Butter, Melted
    • 60 whole Caramels, Unwrapped
    • 1/3 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
    • 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, chopped pecans, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and melted butter. Stir together until totally combined. Mixture will be very thick.
    Press half the mixture into a well-greased 9 x 9 inch square baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside.
    In a double boiler (or a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water) melt caramels with additional 1/2 cup evaporated milk. When melted and combined, pour over brownie base. Sprinkle chocolate chips as evenly as you can over the caramel.
    Turn out remaining brownie dough on work surface. Use your hands to press it into a large square a little smaller than the pan. Use a spatula to remove it from the surface, then set it on top of the caramel and chocolate chips.
    Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for several hours. When ready to serve, generously sift powdered sugar over the surface of the brownies. Cut into either nine or twelve helpings, and carefully remove from the pan.

To Patricia (again!)
    Here is the picture I tried to include with my recipe but it used up too many "characters"

MMMM - now I have a craving for moist, chewy, darkly delicious chocolate brownies! Thanks! TGIF
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brownies.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	16971

Wow, Neesy...just reading that recipe made my teeth hurt! Sounds yummy!

I am feeling better, thank you everyone for the healing vibes and hugs!

Already March...I have less than a month left before starting my last year in my 30s. Hahahaha. Brandon really made me feel old recently, he was talking about going to Vegas this summer, and I said, Why do you want to go there, you can't gamble, you won't have any fun. He said, I'll be 21 before we go, Mom. Where did all that time go?

Hope you all have a really great, relaxing weekend. Sending big hugs!!

Hi All! Just popping in before I head off to work to say 'Have a great weekend!!' Don't have time right now to read thru the posts here, so all I'm gonna say is hugs and prayers to all who need them, and they're there for ya even if ya feel ya don't need them!! Be good to all you meet but most especially be good to yourselves!!!!! See ya Monday!

Finetastic Friday Folks! Thank you soooo much for the recipe Neesy, you are a doll! I don't know why I feel like I need to learn how to bake all of the sudden, but I do. I cook OK so far as regular meal stuff goes, especially if it doesn't involve the oven. I make a spaghetti sauce to die for but for some reason when I turn on the oven my IQ drops about 40 points. Got to work on that. When I got home last night I wasn't feeling the baking bug so I let it rest.
    I did however manage to work on getting my writing organized. I put the (store bought) bulletin board up in my wee office/far seeing place last week, and it seems to be working wonders for my feeling of coherence and sense of urgency when it comes to my scribblings. It's like a cork lined extension of my brain, I like it.

So sorry for you who have suffered the flu this winter, it's miserable. Big hugs to y'all. Lots of healthy teas, fresh fruit and healing vibes for you guys and put it on my tab. I'll just have my regular and maybe some brownies that someone else made lol.
    (((All in need))))

Want to wish everyone a safe and great weekend. Only tomorrow left and then my one week
    vacation can begin. Have so much planned for next week.

Good to hear you are feeling better already Tina. Take some time to rest if you can. Yes doesn't these years
    fly by. I was thinking here that, when I and my sister was two years ago (oh gosh where that time go?) in Maine she couldn't drive a car cause
    she was 20 and the drive age was 21 . Now she is 22 and can drive this time we come. So the time really fly by.

Yup forecast wasn't wrong. Seems like we are getting back to cold again. It's -5C already but had some sunshine
    today but didn't help much with the cold.

Take good care and be well my dear friends. Hugs for everyone who need it.

((all in need or not))

Good Morning and happy Saturday all y'all. It feels weird in here. I'm not sure I like it... no Marsha, it's the weekend. No one is in here but me, hellllooo... so creepy. Not that I generally don't like creepy. Creepy usually works for me, but this is giving me the willies. Oh well, I'm gonna hang out and have a cup of coffee anyhow, even though it appears I gotta make it myself? I don't know about this. I'm gonna watch a spot of news before I get ready for work. Hey since no one is in here, I just might sit here with no pants on and smoke a cigarette.... hehe..... no, better not.

Weird.

((((All in need or not))))

Hi Pats---- this make take some getting used to for sure. Weekends are down time for me. Ok, just bought an automatic coffee pot and tea brewer so will make sure it is set on Friday for the weekend crowd.
    Overcast and chilly here. Frosty nights are here again.
    Need to head out and do the regular Saturday stuff. Everyone be safe....

(((((all in need or not))))

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Good Morning and happy Saturday all y'all. It feels weird in here. I'm not sure I like it... no Marsha, it's the weekend.
    Agreed. Well done to the beta-testers for working hard behind the scenes, and outside of the usual board hours, though.

Well, it's Saturday night and I'm posting on the MB. Weird. I could get used to this, though.

It's freaking cold tonight and I'm beginning to feel the effects of having little sleep and too much work. More people are calling in this month for whatever reason so I'm clocking in as much as five hours early to help out some days. I swear I think I did everything today except for handling money. Oh well. Just another happy-go-lucky day in Sonic Land, I guess.