This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 331 of 368 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    TGIF!!!!

I'm off to tackle my kitchen cupboards. They are in desperate need of rearranging on the inside and then I'll oil them down on the outside and make them purty.

Hope everyone has a really great weekend! I've been feeling like but am working on getting back to feeling like and

Sending big hugs!!
    You could come live at my house and clean my cupboards! But since you probably don't want to do that I have a question that you might know the answer to. What should I use to clean my window blinds? They are wood laminate and they are very dusty with that greasy dust that you get in the kitchen. You know what I mean?

Have a great weekend everybody!

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by mstay View Post
    You could come live at my house and clean my cupboards! But since you probably don't want to do that I have a question that you might know the answer to. What should I use to clean my window blinds? They are wood laminate and they are very dusty with that greasy dust that you get in the kitchen. You know what I mean?

You too, and rubbing alcohol, or my favorite, lighter fluid...Zippo preferably, but maybe only because I really love it's particular bouquet

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    You too, and rubbing alcohol, or my favorite, lighter fluid...Zippo preferably, but maybe only because I really love it's particular bouquet
    Thanks Pat! I have rubbing alcohol already so I will try that.

http://www.essortment.com/clean-wood-blinds-14968.html

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I've never seen black walnuts for sale at the store before. You could probably buy them at a farmer's market in season. Or, if you know someone with a tree, they would probably let you come and pick up a bushel of the things.

I am not a fan myself--I think they're kinda sour-tasting--but Cowboy is right. They are definitely wilder than their English cousins. I do like the smell of the trees, though. (Interesting fact: black walnut trees are aggressive; their roots produce a toxin called juglone that can actually kill lots of other plants.)
    And walnut shavings can kill a horse if consumed. Wild cherry leaves that are wilted would do the same thing. We have to monitor these things for the sake of the horses.

Thanks for the help with the blind cleaning everybody! Since I don't have thanks buttons yet just assume that anything Spidey or Ms. Mod thanks I would thank too.

Sorry I didn't know the answer!

Thanks for the help with the blind cleaning everybody! Since I don't have thanks buttons yet just assume that anything Spidey or Ms. Mod thanks I would thank too.
    Murphy's oil soap. Takes care of that nasty greasy kitchen dust. Smells good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    And walnut shavings can kill a horse if consumed. Wild cherry leaves that are wilted would do the same thing. We have to monitor these things for the sake of the horses.
    Oooh, walnut anything is bad juju for horsies. It's because it's a nightshade. So are tomatoes, eggplants, and garlic.

But I love giving horses Starlite mints and cut-up, seeded oranges. It's so great to smell their breath after crunching up the stuff with peppermint and orange oils!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Well jeez. Who peed all over walnut's Cheerios? Guess they don't believe in "live and let live."