Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 353

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 353 of 368 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

There's a nasty cold wind blowing off the sea here all the way from the Arctic apparently, I just get the cab area of my bus warm and someone wants to get on or off, when is the spring coming? I've got 10minutes, let me at that beanbag and I'll have a good strong coffee

Happy Tuesday to y'all and holy cripes thank you thank you thank you, it's Saturday for me. I am going to make an effort to not get out of my jammies today. I know the cantina is not Walmart... I hope you all will excuse my casual attire.
    Mustangclaire I have never had children but I once was a child with a working mum. I remember her having to work during my school things and softball games and I completely understood her not being able to go to my events. The only way I ever felt bad about her not being there was because she was working hard putting food on the table, and not getting to have fun. She would forget certain things I had going on too, not because she didn't care but because she had paying the rent on her mind. Your son knows this too, you can set your watch and warrant on it.
    So anyhow, I'll have the black coffee and some doughnut holes. The glazed ones, maybe some chocolate ones, oh... a few of the powdered sugars too, wouldn't want to play favorites.

This little gal is my role model today.

(((((All Indeed)))))

Abit cold here today. We actually had a dusting of snow and had to wipe it off our cars. Hoping everyone has a relaxing, quiet day!

LongTallSally Guest

*hands Patricia a black coffee flavoured coffee*

Good plan about the PJ's. I wish I could do the same here. I've got to go out and send a fax soon so it will be in a government office bright and early tomorrow when they get up back east. Yoga pants and a muscle shirt will be a close second here for comfort.

I'll be out on the patio taking in the spring weather with a book today. I'm reading 'The Letters of Abelard and Heloise'.

Hi All! Just popping in to wish everyone a great day!! Can't stay and play for long as my tax refund was just deposited in my account and I have some major shopping to do!!!! Woohoo!!! Hugs and happy thoughts to all whom need them!!

Good Wednesday to all. Sending warming sunshine and clear blue skies to all in need.
    Pizza delivery- save one for Cowboy, please.
    Yeah to tax refunds- enjoy the shopping trip.

Off to bean bag central with herbal tea in hand. Patio doors are open and you can feel Spring in the air.

(((((all in need or not))))

Happy Wednesday to all of you!! I can really feel that spring is on the way. Have been
    sunny and above zero today again. And it's very wet right now cause snow has start to melt. Many roads and
    streets floods.

I was and having lunch with a great new friend today.Yes my new friend is a man, but we are just friends.
    He love to read books (sounds good to me) and fishing, he moved to my hometown couple of years ago and don't have
    any close friends to spend free time with, so would be good if we could hang out together and have fun.

Stay safe everyone and take good care of you. Be well too.

Pizza day Spidey. Would taste so good right now.

(((all in need or not)))

Happy Wednesday Y'all! I do not have a happy and it involves writing and I didn't think that was possible. It is. I have to write a statement about a co-worker who had done a very bad thing. I don't want. I don't want. I don't want.
    I have been putting it off for about a week and now I have no choice but to get it done today.
    Here's my problem. I despise the person who I am writing up, and I don't know what to do with that feeling. I have to find a way to despise his actions and not him. I don't know how.... he is a hateful, lying, dishonest, selfish piece of poop. I looked high and low for a redeeming quality in this young man and have found zilch. I had tried talking to him and only found that I despised him more for the effort. Yikes.
    I also don't like to tattle-tale. But he has to stop what he's been doing to people and books. He is in management, and I am just a humble bookseller, so that also makes it difficult because my company has taken to erring on the side of management. I have to be careful and make sure I do this in the right spirit. He picked on me daily, and we argued all of the time when he was at our store so I can't do it from a place of vengeance... or can I. No. See, I nearly went there.
    I just want him to stop bullying people and throwing perfectly good books into the trash. I have to find a way to do this.
    So please, y'all, lend me some of your healing vibes and help me find the mojo to do this.
    Black coffee please and a big hot biscuit with lots of butter, honey and peanut butter please.

((((All indeed))))

Does he purposely do something to the books and throw them away so he can dig them out of the trash later and add to his own library for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Happy Wednesday Y'all! I do not have a happy and it involves writing and I didn't think that was possible. It is. I have to write a statement about a co-worker who had done a very bad thing. I don't want. I don't want. I don't want.
    I have been putting it off for about a week and now I have no choice but to get it done today.
    Here's my problem. I despise the person who I am writing up, and I don't know what to do with that feeling. I have to find a way to despise his actions and not him. I don't know how.... he is a hateful, lying, dishonest, selfish piece of poop. I looked high and low for a redeeming quality in this young man and have found zilch. I had tried talking to him and only found that I despised him more for the effort. Yikes.
    I also don't like to tattle-tale. But he has to stop what he's been doing to people and books. He is in management, and I am just a humble bookseller, so that also makes it difficult because my company has taken to erring on the side of management. I have to be careful and make sure I do this in the right spirit. He picked on me daily, and we argued all of the time when he was at our store so I can't do it from a place of vengeance... or can I. No. See, I nearly went there.
    I just want him to stop bullying people and throwing perfectly good books into the trash. I have to find a way to do this.
    So please, y'all, lend me some of your healing vibes and help me find the mojo to do this.
    Black coffee please and a big hot biscuit with lots of butter, honey and peanut butter please.

((((All indeed))))
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Pats, you do not need to come from a place of vengeance. Can you document what he has done to the books? Any security cameras avail that might have recorded how he treated customers/ you? Has the store been hurt due to his actions? If company likes to side with management, prove that the management is harming the company. As you write your statement think not of the person, but rather the ill deeds that have been done. Make it so that the company will want to take action for their sake. Just thinking out loud and sending many helpful vibes and calming words.