Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 360

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 360 of 368 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 3672

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    HAHAHA Blunty!
    I dunno?

But as it turns out sometimes the universe indeed conspires to be kind to a body. I got to work and started up doing my stuff. One of my co-workers came up to me and asked me why I was there. I said, well, because I have to be. She hugged me and told me I look like a chip monk, then hugged me again.
    She told me one of our regular customers left a prezzie for me. He left me a blend of hot coco mix he made himself, chocolate pudding and jar of Maraschino Cherries, wot I love. No it wasn't a romantic gesture, he's about 300 years old and a retired Army man, he's a staunch right winger who thinks the POTUS is.... well, let's not get political. I digress,

or throw up/ as per MadamMack
    . I often have to tell this man that I respectfully disagree with him and remind him that I am on another person's clock and can't discuss politics on it.
    Even though I think this guy is a little off his rocker, I love him to pieces. I appreciate all that he's done, I admire his strength, if not his power of reason.
    I nearly cried... then the MOD (manager on duty) comes up to me and asked me why I was there. He added that I look like a prize-fighter who got owned. I again said, because I have to be.
    He said, no you don't. Patsy, he says, your doctor's note says you don't have to come in till the 1st. I said no, I told him to make the note to say I could go back to work today so the store wouldn't be short on a holiday. MOD says, well he made it for the 1st.
    I was dumb-struck, then took off like a bat out of Hell. Came home, got into my jammies, made hot coco. Planning on eating pudding, brushing my tooth, then going back to bed... after I stop in here to share a bit of the universe working in one's favor of course.
    Glad it worked out. Rest well, you might try a cold compress on the face to help the swelling go down faster.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    Glad it worked out. Rest well, you might try a cold compress on the face to help the swelling go down faster.
    I'd be lost without it. True story.

(((Pats,))) wish I could take your pain away, Lady. What wonderful people you have in your life.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    (((Pats,))) wish I could take your pain away, Lady. What wonderful people you have in your life.
    Agreed! I'm good darlin'. I'm just glad I didn't have to be a Marine today. I'll be one tomorrow.

Hi Pats- late to get in her today. Sending a ton of healing vibes your way, and a cyber can of pain free/pain go away positives thoughts. Get some rest!!

I think something might be wrong with me. I woke up this morning feeling as though I was high out of my mind on something. It hasn't really gotten any better. Which, since I haven't had anything to alter my mind, is a bit scary. I honestly don't know if I should freak out about it or just go with it and enjoy the day.

(((((Patricia)))))
    Last edited by if-so-Grrl; March 31st, 2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: forgot the hugs

I am so tired and not done yet. Worried. I have to get up at 4 am. For the four tens I have to work this week. I made dinner/desert but too tired.

yea, why am I on here. Cause I love you guys ... And that's the last thihg she typed......... good nite, and please all vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrl View Post
    I think something might be wrong with me. I woke up this morning feeling as though I was high out of my mind on something. It hasn't really gotten any better. Which, since I haven't had anything to alter my mind, is a bit scary. I honestly don't know if I should freak out about it or just go with it and enjoy the day.

(((((Patricia)))))
    Congested, maybe? Sometimes I feel a little bit trippy if my ears are clogged.

Hope everyone had a blessed Easter. It was a nice day with family here. Have a great week friends, I'm grabbing a glass of milk and some oreos I found in the back, the mega stuffed ones are the bomb!