Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The New Ka-Tet Cantina - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 368 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

LongTallSally Guest

Default Re: The New Ka-Tet Cantina

Quote Originally Posted by Kim L. View Post
    Good Morning, Everyone!

A new Cantina? How lovely! Do we still have the beanbags? Cup of hot black coffee and a cinnamon roll, please. I've missed my morning meetings with you guys (and my morning treats), and will try to come by here every weekday from now on.
    It looks like everything is still here, except I think at least one of the bean bags has been slip-covered in leopard print. I'll take that one today.

I'll have a cup of spiced chai, please, with real whipped cream on top. Add a cheddar cheese biscuit, too.

I have a day off today, so I think I'll be catching up on a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by AnniesGrrl View Post
    'Monday to you all. I can't quite bring myself to say "Happy Monday" - that's like saying "Good Morning." It just seems somehow wrong to me. I hope you all had a good weekend!

I was travelling this weekend - setting off once again for Seattle (my favorite city) for a briefing prior to heading back up to Alaska to work. (For those of you who don't know, I'm a biologist presently working on fishing boats in the Bering Sea.) I find the prospect of being up there in January a bit daunting, but also can't wait to get back to my job!
    BRRRRRR!!! But have fun! Sounds like an interesting job.

I like the new place. I think John would be happy with it too. And besides, remodeling is fun!

Have a good week everyone.

Aw, this is nice. I like the idea of retiring the old one in John's honor, even though that isn't exactly what happened.

Home from work early. Cold and rainy day in my neck of the woods.
    Time for some hot cocoa and curling up with a good book....
    Think I'll take a beanbag by the fireplace today... ♥

ARE we all really OK?
    I keep reading the MB almost the whole day today...everything seems all right ( more or less)...but it doesn`t feel all right...
    Is it just me or...?

I can't quite bring myself to say "Happy Monday" - that's like saying "Good Morning."
    Me, too, Annie... so I've settled for "Hi, everyone!"

As a Ka-Tet, I hope we are all healing, slowly but surely. It's already proven difficult, and I'm sure things will continue to be rough for some time to come, but I really do believe that we'll survive.
    Actually, I've come to believe that as we comfort, guide, and grieve collectively, we shall grow even stronger. I know I've grown because of everyone's support and love.

Have a good day!

("All things serve the Beam")

I miss John's post here. You think about that Srbo right.

LongTallSally Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    ARE we all really OK?
    I keep reading the MB almost the whole day today...everything seems all right ( more or less)...but it doesn`t feel all right...
    Is it just me or...?
    Brother, I can smile sometimes, but I still have moments where I just start crying again. We're all just starting to heal even though it's still not fully absorbed. Personally, I know it's going to take a while for everything to be normal for me. I want normal, but it will take time. I try to have normal anyways by coming in here. It feels kind of awkward to explain it this way, but it's how I'm coping.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPain View Post
    Brother, I can smile sometimes, but I still have moments where I just start crying again. We're all just starting to heal even though it's still not fully absorbed. Personally, I know it's going to take a while for everything to be normal for me. I want normal, but it will take time. I try to have normal anyways by coming in here. It feels kind of awkward to explain it this way, but it's how I'm coping.
    I think you explained it perfectly, and I'm sure that's how must of us are feeling.

I feel like I have a permanent headache from all the crying I do. And this toothache which there seems to be no reason for...

Anyway, I think we all have a lot of healing to do, and it won't get done overnight.

Love and green lights,
    Tawn

Page 4 of 368 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast