Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What are you reading? (continued) - Page 102

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 102 of 229 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2289

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

I'm currently reading Life of Pi french translation Histoire de Pi. I had read the book some years ago, and I wanted to go back to it, since the film version had so much success. Great book by a Yann Martel, a canadian author.

Four weeks ago I checked out "The Passage" and "The Twelve" from the library. I was only half way through "The Passage" when I had to leave town for a week, and I took a paperback (for ease of traveling) on the trip. That was "The Fountainhead", by Ayn Rand, which was no brief read. But, I did finish it, after returning home, and a few days ago, finished "The Passage". Now about 100 pages into "The Twelve". I'd read "Atlas Shrugged" back in HS, and re-read it 3 years ago or so. Had picked up "The Fountainhead at a garage sale, and always wanted to read it, too. Now that I have, I will say that although I am glad I got into it, I think "Atlas Shrugged" is a better novel. Both made me think... a lot.
    As for the Cronin novels, I am liking them much more than I thought I would. "Vampire" books don't turn me on much, but this is a good storyline, and fine writing. I have a feeling I'll be finished with "The Twelve" sooner rather than later!

Just finished "The Shack." I think we all know that I'm going to say I didn't like it!

I am currently reading The Disappearing Spoon. Here is a review: http://triplehelixblog.com/2012/09/r...pearing-spoon/

Basically, its an entertaining run through the discoveries surrounding the elements in the Periodic Table. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHh-ojueH8A

As for the title:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJ_Yxj9bG8

February Books Read:

2. Driving Blind by Ray Bradbury
    3. The Cat's Pajamas by Ray Bradbury
    4. Quicker Than The Eye by Ray Bradbury
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

I just picked up Franco Zeffirelli's autobiography from the library. He's the director of one of my favorite movies, Romeo and Juliet (1969), and I'm curious about reading that section, but also about his life.

Quote Originally Posted by SusanNorton View Post
    I just picked up Franco Zeffirelli's autobiography from the library. He's the director of one of my favorite movies, Romeo and Juliet (1969), and I'm curious about reading that section, but also about his life.
    I LOVE that movie!

Not what I'm reading as I'm currently starting Song of Sussanah..but after my journey to the Dark Tower is finished. I will embarking in to the world of Game of Thrones.

I just finished Button, Button and other Uncanny stories by Richard Matheson so now I'm reading Hideaway by Dean Koontz, 11/22/63 by Stephen King and the final book in the Wake Trilogy, Gone by Lisa McMann. So far the trilogy sounded good but the third book I don't think, should have turn out the way it did. Maybe after this I'll read another SK book called Blaze.

I'm reading Brian Keene's Kill Whitey.