This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 111 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2289

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

Currently reading Wind Through the Keyhole (again). I'm slowly working my way to the tower a page or two or five each night at bed time.

Also reading the first in Koontz's Frankenstein series. y sister loaned me the entire series. (I offered her DT but she's not interested.)

I downloaded a Dr. Who book for my son, and I plan to download a different one for me. figures we'd each want a different one. anyway, I was short about fifteen cents on my Chapters card, so I had to wait until I could get to the store to buy another one.

The Terror by Dan Simmons. I'm about 3/4 the way through it. Pretty good in most parts, great in other parts.

I can definitely see this as one of those books (like some movies) where you would pick up a lot of things you missed the first time on a second trip.

Still working through the Talisman. I had put it down a while because it just wasn't keeping my interest. Now though, as I near the finish, it is quite good. Glad I decided to pick it back up. Now I just have to decide what to do once I finish it. Should I finish The Tommyknockers, or start Under The Dome?

Quote Originally Posted by shookme View Post
    The Terror by Dan Simmons. I'm about 3/4 the way through it. Pretty good in most parts, great in other parts.

I can definitely see this as one of those books (like some movies) where you would pick up a lot of things you missed the first time on a second trip.
    Been thinking about trying some Dan Simons. Haven't made the commitment yet. But really thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuggs View Post
    Still working through the Talisman. I had put it down a while because it just wasn't keeping my interest. Now though, as I near the finish, it is quite good. Glad I decided to pick it back up. Now I just have to decide what to do once I finish it. Should I finish The Tommyknockers, or start Under The Dome?
    I enjoyed them both, but UTD is a mini series coming out this summer, you might want to finish it beforehand if you are a TV watcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuggs View Post
    Or....Black House.

While catching up on yard work this weekend I downloaded the audible version of The Psychopath Test. It is reference to a famous well used test for testing potential for psychopathy. It made the work the time go by fast. Since having several psychology classes in college, I have always found the subject interesting. Having worked with some folks that I would have labeled as a sociopath (psychologist use the term interchangeably with psychopath according to the book), I thought the book's mentioning of applications in the business world interesting. It also opened up several other subjects such as some conspiracy theories that I had not heard of before. I thought it started out slow but gained speed. I can see where the checklist "Test" can help psychologist and police enforcement; but also could easily be misused. The scary part as a society is the ever growing list of disorders being recorded for which drug companies will push new drug treatments. The author points out the link of the drug companies pushing for more disorder definitions.

I might also mention those of you that enjoy writing, might find some worthy subjects to write about in the book, I thought the conspiracy theory stuff might make for good scifi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Psychopath_Test

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist

http://www.amazon.com/The-Psychopath.../dp/1594485755

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    They say don't judge a book by its cover but, Mr. Vincent, that title is soooooo intriguing.

467 pages into my first re-read of 11/22/63...enjoying it every bit as much as the first time!