Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What are you reading? (continued) - Page 117

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 117 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2289

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

Simple Genius by David Baldacci. Not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by SeleneM1 View Post
    An ARC is "Advance Review Copy." You know when you read a magazine and there's a review the same week the book comes out? That's because the reviewer got an ARC.

Get a job as a blogger or reporter for a publication that reviews books, and you can get them, but I haven't the foggiest idea how.
    I used to write reviews for BookPage. There's a link on their site to contact them if you want to review books. Couldn't find it when I just quickly looked, but I am sure it's there somewhere.

http://bookpage.com/

Just read Kelly Braffet's Josie and Jack. Highly recommend. I'll be starting John Scalzi's Redshirts next.

Finished Mr. Slaughter by McCammon, left me breathless. I have The Providence Rider by McC in my TBR pile but also The Wolf Gift by A. Rice which I started but had to put aside and then I also have two by DelToro/Hogan but the library is bound to start calling soon so I think I'll just veg.

Finished "A Boy's Life", definitely enjoyed it, a good book. Jumping back to non-fiction for a moment, going through "The Abs Diet", by David Zinczenko, a contributor to Men's magazine. Going to the gym only occasionally, and eating bad for the winter, left me with some pounds to drop. So it's time to figure out something better to eat, the book is cheap as $2 on Barnes and Noble. So far I agree with the diet, each fresh fruits, vegatables, and lean meats; snack healthy through the day; spoil yourself once a week, but no more.

I am reading The Love Song of (for?) Jonny Valentine. It's making me sad but I like it. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to write from the perspective of a famous 11-year-old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I am reading The Love Song of (for?) Jonny Valentine. It's making me sad but I like it. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to write from the perspective of a famous 11-year-old boy.
    I had not heard of this book before your mentioning it Shasta, but since you are a Chuck P. fan I thought I would check it out on Amazon. I read a few pages and liked what I read. I think I'll get it for my Kindle. Thanks!

Started 'KISS And Make-Up' by Gene Simmons last night, and going to start SK's The Tommyknockers (first read) tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    Finished "A Boy's Life", definitely enjoyed it, a good book. Jumping back to non-fiction for a moment, going through "The Abs Diet", by David Zinczenko, a contributor to Men's magazine. Going to the gym only occasionally, and eating bad for the winter, left me with some pounds to drop. So it's time to figure out something better to eat, the book is cheap as $2 on Barnes and Noble. So far I agree with the diet, each fresh fruits, vegatables, and lean meats; snack healthy through the day; spoil yourself once a week, but no more.
    Lots of fiber!!

Elements of Style.