This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 126 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2289

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Queen View Post
    The Talisman
    I had a hard time getting through that one but once I buckled down it was a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    I had a hard time getting through that one but once I buckled down it was a good read.
    I had the same issue with The Talisman, but then I stumbled across an audio-book version and it was just what I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Queen View Post
    The Talisman
    I picked up Black House on sale and did not realize it was the follow up to the Talisman. I just finished Black House (enjoyed it, after the slow start), now I have The Talisman on my reading list for the near future. For some reason, I think I started this book years ago, and put it down and never got back to it. But I do not remember any details, which means I did not get very far.

Quote Originally Posted by shookme View Post
    Just finished Jack Ketchum's Off Season and Red. Getting ready to start Neil Gaiman's American Gods.
    Still on American Gods. Damn good book!

I'll have to check out some more of Gaiman's books.

I changed my mind about reading "Double Feature", and jumped into "11/22/63" first. After Ambrose's non-fiction account of "6/6/44" (a watershed moment if ever there was one!), it was a perfect switch into reading SK's fictional account of Kennedy's assassination. I loved the storyline and falling back into that era was a pleasure. The language, the culture, the history...I dug it all, and SK renders it beautifully in this novel. We went camping this last weekend, and thanks to some rainy, cold weather, I finished the last half of the book in record time (for me!) It's been awhile since I have read SK, so I was definitely ready for this one. It lived up to it's billing, and then some! I was interested to read in the afterword that Joe Hill thought up a "new and better" ending, because I thought the ending was PERFECT. Once I got to where I only had a couple hundred pages left to read, I had to fight with myself not to skip to the last few pages and read (a nasty habit I indulge in occasionally), and I was so glad that I didn't do that. It made the ending all that much better for me. Until next time, happy reading...

Reading Blind Date by R.L. Stine. It seems though that everyone's reading The Talisman. Don't know why but is there something I should know about that I'm missing? Although I'm gonna continue on it next week, I have too many books to read right now. And finals are coming up really fast. So that makes it double the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by shookme View Post
    Still on American Gods. Damn good book!

I'll have to check out some more of Gaiman's books.
    Gaiman is a favorite on the board. My personal favorite is Neverwhere. I read it at least once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Gaiman is a favorite on the board. My personal favorite is Neverwhere. I read it at least once a year.
    OK, Shasta, this is where we differ! I have read Stardust and The Graveyard Book, both very appealing in outline to me, but found them both boring and not very well written. I just knew we couldn't agree on everything!

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    OK, Shasta, this is where we differ! I have read Stardust and The Graveyard Book, both very appealing in outline to me, but found them both boring and not very well written. I just knew we couldn't agree on everything!
    BUT WAIT!!!!

Stardust is well considered fan's least favorite.

And the Graveyard Book is for kids and written that way.

Try Neverwhere and come back to me.

Got my copy of I Travel by Night by R. McCammon in the mail yesterday and J. Kellerman's Guilt is wending it's way through the county to me and wouldn't you know I have developed the worst case of floaters in my right eye!!