This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 130 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2289

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    I really liked the whole Hunger Games series.
    First try I didn't like it but then I changed my mindset and then, I could not stop reading.

. . .and I missed them when I was done.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    If you mean is it the limited edition, no, it is not. I got the trade edition from Amazon.
    Yes indeed, I ordered the limited edition, and if I'm remembering correctly the publisher sent out an email saying that they were waiting on the slipcases to be made before they shipped the limited out. Thanks for answering so quickly- I hate worrying about having something get 'lost' in the mail these days- like my limited edition of King's 'One For The Road' that the mailman swears he handed directly to me, which he never did!
    Last edited by kingricefan; May 12th, 2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: smelly spelly

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Yes indeed, I ordered the limited edition, and if I'm remembering correctly the publisher sent out an email saying that they were waiting on the slipcases to be made before they shipped the limited out. Thanks for answering so quickly- I hate worrying about having something get 'lost' in the mail these days- like my limited edition of King's 'One For The Road' that the mailman swears he handed directly to me, which he never did!
    My experience with ordering limited editions is that mostly, nobody has any real idea of when they are going to actually be published. It seems like every time I order something from Cemetery Dance, it ends up being delayed months and months and months. I've never ordered from Subterranean, though, so maybe they're different. Probably not, though; I know the limited edition of NOS4A2 just got delayed.

The Dark Tower Companion by Bev Vincent

Besides a personally guided tour by Stephen King himself, no one could do more a more insightful overview of The Dark Tower saga, and by extension the body of King's works, than Bev Vincent.

Long acknowledged a master of King lore, Bev uses that acumen to succinctly tie everything together. Not only does the book include a handy reference guide to the major characters, places, themes and tie-ins, but in typical Vincent fashion, Bev raises interesting possibilities beyond the material itself. Some are conjecture. Others of an insight that only comes to those mastered in their subject.

Bev Vincent proves himself a King Master with this book.

Quote Originally Posted by OldDarth View Post
    The Dark Tower Companion by Bev Vincent

Besides a personally guided tour by Stephen King himself, no one could do more a more insightful overview of The Dark Tower saga, and by extension the body of King's works, than Bev Vincent.

Long acknowledged a master of King lore, Bev uses that acumen to succinctly tie everything together. Not only does the book include a handy reference guide to the major characters, places, themes and tie-ins, but in typical Vincent fashion, Bev raises interesting possibilities beyond the material itself. Some are conjecture. Others of an insight that only comes to those mastered in their subject.

Bev Vincent proves himself a King Master with this book.
    Totally agree. A must for all DT readers.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    If you mean is it the limited edition, no, it is not. I got the trade edition from Amazon.
    Ironically, I just opened an email from Sub Press and the limiteds will be sent out in the next couple of weeks. They also state that McCammon has plans for several sequels to this tale!! WooHoo!

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Ironically, I just opened an email from Sub Press and the limiteds will be sent out in the next couple of weeks. They also state that McCammon has plans for several sequels to this tale!! WooHoo!
    I looked at McCammon's website today and it said that "I Travel by Night" is 90% sold out! I'd better hurry up and order a copy!

Finished I Travel by Night minutes ago, very satisfying and hinted most strongly of follow-up tales!! WOOOOHOOOO! I have taken the cover off of Mr. Hill's latest and put it someplace safe and will be starting this tale very soon. Have to feed the horde first!

The Help....which was even better than the movie, which was awesome!