This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 130 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2289

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

  1. #1291
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Parked.
    Posts
    6,093

    Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    I really liked the whole Hunger Games series.
    First try I didn't like it but then I changed my mindset and then, I could not stop reading.

  2. #1292
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Parked.
    Posts
    6,093

    Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

    . . .and I missed them when I was done.

  3. #1293
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    4,351

    Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    If you mean is it the limited edition, no, it is not. I got the trade edition from Amazon.
    Yes indeed, I ordered the limited edition, and if I'm remembering correctly the publisher sent out an email saying that they were waiting on the slipcases to be made before they shipped the limited out. Thanks for answering so quickly- I hate worrying about having something get 'lost' in the mail these days- like my limited edition of King's 'One For The Road' that the mailman swears he handed directly to me, which he never did!
    Last edited by kingricefan; May 12th, 2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: smelly spelly

  4. #1294
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    841

    Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Yes indeed, I ordered the limited edition, and if I'm remembering correctly the publisher sent out an email saying that they were waiting on the slipcases to be made before they shipped the limited out. Thanks for answering so quickly- I hate worrying about having something get 'lost' in the mail these days- like my limited edition of King's 'One For The Road' that the mailman swears he handed directly to me, which he never did!
    My experience with ordering limited editions is that mostly, nobody has any real idea of when they are going to actually be published. It seems like every time I order something from Cemetery Dance, it ends up being delayed months and months and months. I've never ordered from Subterranean, though, so maybe they're different. Probably not, though; I know the limited edition of NOS4A2 just got delayed.

  5. #1295
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

    The Dark Tower Companion by Bev Vincent

    Besides a personally guided tour by Stephen King himself, no one could do more a more insightful overview of The Dark Tower saga, and by extension the body of King's works, than Bev Vincent.

    Long acknowledged a master of King lore, Bev uses that acumen to succinctly tie everything together. Not only does the book include a handy reference guide to the major characters, places, themes and tie-ins, but in typical Vincent fashion, Bev raises interesting possibilities beyond the material itself. Some are conjecture. Others of an insight that only comes to those mastered in their subject.

    Bev Vincent proves himself a King Master with this book.

  6. #1296
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Just north of Duma Key
    Posts
    11,220

    Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by OldDarth View Post
    The Dark Tower Companion by Bev Vincent

    Besides a personally guided tour by Stephen King himself, no one could do more a more insightful overview of The Dark Tower saga, and by extension the body of King's works, than Bev Vincent.

    Long acknowledged a master of King lore, Bev uses that acumen to succinctly tie everything together. Not only does the book include a handy reference guide to the major characters, places, themes and tie-ins, but in typical Vincent fashion, Bev raises interesting possibilities beyond the material itself. Some are conjecture. Others of an insight that only comes to those mastered in their subject.

    Bev Vincent proves himself a King Master with this book.
    Totally agree. A must for all DT readers.

  7. #1297
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    4,351

    Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    If you mean is it the limited edition, no, it is not. I got the trade edition from Amazon.
    Ironically, I just opened an email from Sub Press and the limiteds will be sent out in the next couple of weeks. They also state that McCammon has plans for several sequels to this tale!! WooHoo!

  8. #1298
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Ironically, I just opened an email from Sub Press and the limiteds will be sent out in the next couple of weeks. They also state that McCammon has plans for several sequels to this tale!! WooHoo!
    I looked at McCammon's website today and it said that "I Travel by Night" is 90% sold out! I'd better hurry up and order a copy!

  9. #1299
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The woods are lovely dark and deep
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

    Finished I Travel by Night minutes ago, very satisfying and hinted most strongly of follow-up tales!! WOOOOHOOOO! I have taken the cover off of Mr. Hill's latest and put it someplace safe and will be starting this tale very soon. Have to feed the horde first!

  10. #1300
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,354

    Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

    The Help....which was even better than the movie, which was awesome!

Similar Threads

  1. What's Your Theme Song Today (continued)
    By J.T. Adams in forum Chattery Teeth (Other)
    Replies: 2094
    Last Post: October 29th, 2013, 02:50 AM
  2. Anyone else find themselves blurting Calla-speak after reading this?
    By AntD NineNineteen in forum The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: October 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM
  3. Reading Storm of the Century
    By michal in forum Storm of the Century
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: October 5th, 2013, 12:16 PM
  4. What's on your Stephen King reading list?
    By dsurrett in forum General Discussion & Questions
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2013, 09:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •