Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What are you reading? (continued) - Page 226

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 226 of 229 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2289

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

Finished Doctor Sleep. An enjoyable, if occasionally uneven, ride IMO.
    The weather's turned for sure now. Winter Is Coming. Time for GRR Martin's A Feast For Crows.
    But Hallowe'en also approaches. The new SK was to be my book of choice, but that option is gone. The Woman in Black, maybe? (Though I was saving that one for Christmas; a good scare in the dead of winter always goes down a treat. It's TV, different medium, but curse the BBC for ending the traditional Christmas ghost story slot.)
    Perhaps a re-read - arguably a better choice if I'm going to double-up? If so, then who? SK, or Jim Herbert?
    Decisions, decisions...

I had to read a horrible, god-awful piece of crap book over the weekend (for review-I'll be more circumspect when writing that gem ), so I'm looking forward to something better this week. Has anyone read the book HEMLOCK GROVE, & is it worth the reading?

I finally finished Danse Macabre this morning. Took a month for me read it. But on the other hand the book or should we
    say Steve gave me new book recommendations that I could read. But for now I was thinking to re-read Insomnia. It's been in my bookcase
    for five months.

I want to read Danse Mac...but I've got so much stuff on my plate to read right now I don't know when I'll get to it (and the list just keeps growing and growing...)but hey, I love reading so its all good. As for me, I'm still in the midst of 11/22/63. Still loving it. Thinking I might read the fantasy The Never Ending Story next, or I might finish I am Legend...not sure. I also have a children's/young adult book to read called The Land of Stories. My daughter got it from her school's book fair (Thanks Grandma! ), and I really want to read it. Decisions, decisions...

Book 6 of DT - Song of Susannah - it's good, of course, but these chilly nights are forcing me to sleep early! I expect the tower to take me through the end of the year. Maybe Santa will give me Dr. Sleep for Christmas!

Someone was wondering about 'soft' horror; I just finished "Her Fearful Symmetry" whoa, gently creepy. Have started Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter as recommended by someone here but I think I'll put my tab down and pick up 'Dr. Sleep' for the final run!

ive just started the talisman, only king book i havent read

Quote Originally Posted by No1FanUK View Post
    ive just started the talisman, only king book i havent read
    Welcome! I hope you like The Talisman. It's one of my favorites. It's different from his previous (chronologically) works. It has ties to the Dark Tower ala Black House, which is its sequel. Enjoy!

I finished Getting Mother's Body and it really reminded me of As I Lay Dying by Faulkner . . . which is a favorite tale of mine. I hear a movie is in the works for As I Lay Dying and I believe it will star James Franco. Id checked that out.

Now Im reading Harbored Secrets by Marie F Martin. It's about prairie life and it's pretty good. Every now and again I have to read something light . . .that's just about folks living with everyday trials.

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    I finished Getting Mother's Body and it really reminded me of As I Lay Dying by Faulkner . . . which is a favorite tale of mine. I hear a movie is in the works for As I Lay Dying and I believe it will star James Franco. I’d checked that out.

Now I’m reading Harbored Secrets by Marie F Martin. It's about prairie life and it's pretty good. Every now and again I have to read something light . . .that's just about folks living with everyday trials.
    Oh Gaaawd-you are a more intelligent reader than I am!! In college I took a course that was supposed to be about various American writers and in the professor's infinite wisdom, the ONLY author we studied was FAULKNER!! I'm not gonna lie, this course was excruciating for me!! But...of all the novels we covered, As I Lay Dying was the most tolerable!!