Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What are you reading? (continued) - Page 25

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 25 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

I hadn't realised that Terry Pratchett has Alzheimer's, I was very sad for him when I heard this the other day. (Then when I looked him up online, I wondered where I've been, as he's had it for a while now.)

I'm also almost ALL of the way through 11/22/63..... oh wow. Marsha, I'm going to be mailing you about this soon.
    Yeah, it's very sad about Pratchett.. I first read about his condition last year, I believe..

Enjoy 11/22/63.

About halfway through Blockade Billy and it's really just ok so far. Maybe i might like the next short story in the book.
    I really enjoyed Morality a lot. I hope you do, too!

I re-read The Girl who love Tom Gordon by King. It's a great book.

I got sidetracked by my kindle & the FREE books now, but I'm back with Black House again. hopefully the grandkids can keep from strangling each other long enough for me to read BH.they didnt yesterday so no Xbox until further notice....(its no biggie they still got ps1,2 or3 or ??-spoiled rotten) rambling...but I wanted to state 'for the record(?)' I'm thrilled we finally are gonna get a SK about a Amusement Park AND a serial killer too. I'm hoping he will write one about a train (no not Blaine the pain-or maybe??,) I was thinking a dimension shifting train mayhap?? who knows maybe next he will tackle something out in the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific??

When I last posted, I had just finished "The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo" by Stieg Larsson. I followed through the series, finishing "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest". The first was my favorite, the last my least favorite, but I'm glad I read them all. Next, I saw a copy of "Killing Lincoln" at the library, so decided to read it. It was a pretty quick read, and I found the history interesting. I will most likely read "Killing Kennedy" when I get a copy. Last but not at all least, I have just finished "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" by David Wroblewski. By far and away the best book I have read in some time. I bought a hard back copy (like new) at a garage sale last summer, and finally just got around to digging it out. Beautiful, gut-wrenching story. If you haven't read this book, you should. I have no idea what I am going to read now; I feel drained from the Sawtelle saga. Maybe I'll just re-read Edgar's story...it's just so damned sad and beautiful.

I got sidetracked by my kindle & the FREE books now, but I'm back with Black House again. hopefully the grandkids can keep from strangling each other long enough for me to read BH.they didnt yesterday so no Xbox until further notice....(its no biggie they still got ps1,2 or3 or ??-spoiled rotten) rambling...but I wanted to state 'for the record(?)' I'm thrilled we finally are gonna get a SK about a Amusement Park AND a serial killer too. I'm hoping he will write one about a train (no not Blaine the pain-or maybe??,) I was thinking a dimension shifting train mayhap?? who knows maybe next he will tackle something out in the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific??
    Enjoy Black House. Have you read it before, BTW?

Last but not at all least, I have just finished "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" by David Wroblewski. By far and away the best book I have read in some time. I bought a hard back copy (like new) at a garage sale last summer, and finally just got around to digging it out. Beautiful, gut-wrenching story. If you haven't read this book, you should. I have no idea what I am going to read now; I feel drained from the Sawtelle saga. Maybe I'll just re-read Edgar's story...it's just so damned sad and beautiful.
    I completely agree. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle is an amazingly beautiful, sad, well-written tale. And Sai King's blurb on the back cover is really SPOT-ON, IMO! I'd definitely re-read it.

Dreamcatcher by God sorry I meant Stephen King

I'm reading The Last Apprentice series, AKA The Wardstone Chronicles.

I just finished reading The Monster Within Idea, written by R. Thomas Riley. I must say I was impressed and it was free on my Kindle. After reading it, I would have to say that this is one I wouldn't have minded buying.

Just read/ and absorbed all the photos in Nightmares in the Sky.

On page 50 of The eyes of the dragon and so far its amazing