Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What are you reading? (continued) - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 229 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

I'm reading some terrible chick lit book and a reviewer says it has an edge but I ain't feeling it It's like having an affair secretly I am reading a better book by F Scott Fitzgerald

Neil Gaiman :- American Gods

I just finished the next to last book of the Dollanganger series by V.C. Andrews. Flowers in the Attic, Petals on the Wind, etc. I had always dismissed these as "chick" books, no offense ladies. My wife is a big V.C. Andrews fan and knowing my taste in books she has suggested several times that I read these and that they were not just "chick" books. I have to say, as usual, she was correct on this one. These books deal with some very, very, weird family members. It's like watching a train wreck but they are very well written. I went through 4 out of 5 books in the last three weeks. Good reads but very strange storyline....anyone read them?

Quote Originally Posted by ghost19 View Post
    I just finished the next to last book of the Dollanganger series by V.C. Andrews. Flowers in the Attic, Petals on the Wind, etc. I had always dismissed these as "chick" books, no offense ladies. My wife is a big V.C. Andrews fan and knowing my taste in books she has suggested several times that I read these and that they were not just "chick" books. I have to say, as usual, she was correct on this one. These books deal with some very, very, weird family members. It's like watching a train wreck but they are very well written. I went through 4 out of 5 books in the last three weeks. Good reads but very strange storyline....anyone read them?
    I remember reading those books as a teenager, they were some pretty twisted reading!

Quote Originally Posted by ghost19 View Post
    I've read all these books, and many others by VC Andrews. Excellent writer of very strange storylines. It's my understanding that the real VC Andrews died quite some time ago, and another writer has continued her work under the same name. You can tell the difference, too. The newer stuff is not quite as crisp and sometimes seems more like fluff and filler than actual story. But, still a good writer. And, yes, the Dollenganger series has some very, very, very weird people in it!

On another note, I just started the final book in the DT series. I'm sad, and want to read slow to savor it while it lasts, but I'm also impatient to find out what happens. Dilemma!!!! At least there's another one coming out soon!

Just finished reading Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which I thought was pretty good. I got a kick outta it. Now I'm moving on to Angels Crest.

I'm almost done rereading Goblet of Fire. (For the millionth time. Takes me about 3 days to read it now.) I'm about to start The Return by Bentley Little and Intruders by Budd Hopkins.

11/22/63

Dead By Morning- Beveryly Barton, and Wicked Lies- Lisa Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Garriga View Post
    11/22/63

You go girl!!

Page 3 of 229 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast