Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What are you reading? (continued) - Page 35

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 35 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

I am getting ready to start "The Haunted by Bentley Little". According to the back cover, Little is supposed to be on par with such greats as Stephen King, Clive Barker, and Peter Straub. We shall see!

All work stuff at the moment. For an upcoming company meeting, re-reading 5 Dysfunctions of a Team and The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni. Also "Aluminum Recycling and Processing for Energy Conservation and Sustainability" by John Green.
    For pleasure, about to start reading "Old Man's War by John Scalzi.

Finally finished Wizard and Glass. Now I'm reading Wolves of the Calla. I don't why it took me so long to read the Dark Tower story, but I'm really loving it. I'm really hooked on Roland and his ka-tet.

John Irving's A Widow For One Year and it's pretty good in an odd way. I can see why a couple of his other books made good movies. I think this one would translate to the big screen well.

Wizard and Glass! I don't know what took me so long either, Manxkitti! It's been a wonderful journey so far. Actually I do know what took so long. I thought that I would not "get" it. Hard to read... No! It's SK all the way

And I love that the dedication is partly for our Ms. Mod.

And I love that the dedication is partly for our Ms. Mod.
    As do I, Nadine!

John Irving's A Widow For One Year and it's pretty good in an odd way. I can see why a couple of his other books made good movies. I think this one would translate to the big screen well.
    Excellent read, Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Manxkitti View Post
    Finally finished Wizard and Glass. Now I'm reading Wolves of the Calla. I don't why it took me so long to read the Dark Tower story, but I'm really loving it. I'm really hooked on Roland and his ka-tet.
    It sucks you in and engrosses you doesn't it!!! So glad that you are enjoying the journey!!

I'm on Wizard and Glass now, too! I've slowed down a bit, but am enjoying this reread so very much!

I'm reading "From a Buick 8" at the moment. Just finished Duma Key, Rose Madder, Bag of Bones, Dolores Claiborne, The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon. Oh yes - and "Lisey's Story" which was a bit hard to get into, but I'm glad I persevered as it got much better after a while. That is the first Stephen King book which I really had to make myself carry on reading as it was way different from others of his that I've read. Years and years ago I read a lot of his oldies but goodies (in the 70s and 80s) but then forgot all about how much I liked his books. I recently started back with 11/22/63 which was followed by Under the Dome. I still have "Full Dark" which I got from the library which is a collection of four stories. I gotta say - I love this guy's writing! p.s. I don't know how to change my avatar. Is that pathetic or what?

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    All work stuff at the moment. For an upcoming company meeting, re-reading 5 Dysfunctions of a Team and The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni. Also "Aluminum Recycling and Processing for Energy Conservation and Sustainability" by John Green.
    For pleasure, about to start reading "Old Man's War by John Scalzi.
    I just finished the Old Man's War series, all of them are pretty good, enjoy.